View Single Post
Old Tuesday, January 03, 2012

azeegum has a spectacular aura aboutazeegum has a spectacular aura aboutazeegum has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by css2013 View Post
This one Is the question that is frequently asked by people. It is In fact how can we bring such a hUge change ON the International level which remains as a Historical change. now a days Many people are trying to change country through telling their dreams and project they have, but how Is It possibe to bring change through politics. SInce 1947 Our country have been facing problem till today, NO One could change only they gave birth to corruption, Inequality, nepotism, Unemployment. So what do YOu thiNk which oNe is the Best way to bring "RevOlutioN"??

Change

To start with the discussion let us define what is change?
It is to adopt to the new ways of the world, moving out of comfort-zone to keep going smoothly.

Talking about change on a larger scale, change of mindsets, behaviours and attitudes is the real change that can make a difference.
They say charity begins at home. To bring a change in a society, you have to change yourself first.

Change is a tough choice, but it has to take place

Howmany times you have wanted to help someone else change their ways only to find that they keep moving on in the same direction and with the same attitudes and behaviours? You can put forward as many rational arguments as you want but still the same old same old.
Take for example, a person who keeps doing the same job over and over again despite the need to adopt new or more effective ways to get the job done. What is the reason for this lack of adaptation? One reason is that they are deeply embedded in their comfort-zone because that way has always worked for them. To ask them to adopt a new method of working requires them to leave their comfort-zone and to take a risk they might not be able to adopt the new procedure without making a mistake. Now if the person does not adopt the new procedures, he will lag behind. So change is tough though, but it has to take place in this or that fashion, just to keep yourself going in sync with the world.

Willingness is 'sine qua non' for a change

Willing is important for a change. If you want to help someone change, they must be willing to change. If they do not want to change it is the same thing as leading a horse to water. You can get the horse there but you can make it drink unless the horse itself wants it.

Pakistan needs change

Change can be both positive and negative. Pakistan unfortunately needs positive change to take place.
The people of Pakistan have developed bad trend of blaming the system and their leaders without looking into their own collars. But as a matter of fact, the debacle Pakistan faces today is the legacy of our own wrong doings. When we blame our leaders we should not forget that it is our nation who elected them. We equally share the responsibility for everything that our country is facing. A Quranic verse clearly explains this fact "as the nation so the leaders".
Similarly systems cannot be blamed since the human make systems.
Pakistan as a nation perhaps lacks willingness to change, except only a small segment of our educated society.
We are so deeply embedded in our comfort-zones that when it comes to practice we fail to deliver. All we do is to talk about change and that is how we end up at the end of day. This attitude of ours have resulted in the scourge of terrorism, unemployment, high crime rate, injustice, looting, corruption and many other evils which are germane to the same.
Our neighbouring country India which got independence just the day after Pakistan's, has gone a way ahead of us in every walk of life but we stay way behind comparatively. So much so, Bangladesh the country which got independence from Pakistan is going great guns. But unfortunately Pakistan despite having all kinds of resources lags behind today's world in a shameful way.
We need to change individually to accommodate ourselves to today's world without delinking ourselves from our actual identity. Change on individual level will permeate in all parts of society which in result bring change on collective level. There isn't otherwise any possibility of change.

Concluding on the issue a story of an old man is worth sharing here.
The old man says:

When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world. I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change the nation. When I found I could not change the nation, I begin to focus on my town. I could not change town as an older man, I tried to change my family. Now as an old man I realize that only thing I can change is myself and suddenly I realized that if long ago I had changed myself I could have made an effect on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. The impact could have changed the nation and this way I could have changed the whole world.

Phew!
Regards
css2013 (Monday, January 09, 2012)