View Single Post
Old Wednesday, January 04, 2012
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: 2011Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Rixwan is just really niceRixwan is just really niceRixwan is just really niceRixwan is just really niceRixwan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerkhan View Post
(8) Deferred Taxation amount be treated as:
(a) Foot note
(b) An item in the Balance Sheet on asset side
(c) None of these

None of these may be the answer because deferred taxation is what you have recognized in your financial statement but not paid to tax authorities, so it should be a liability. But I am not sure.
I differ with reason you mentioned because as far as I studied it, Deferred Taxation arises due to difference of depreciation method used by the companies,as in Pakistan Tax authorities recommend companies to use Diminishing balance method and if company is using straight line method then there will be some difference incurred in amount of tax to be paid in starting the difference is Credit but as time passes the difference will start getting Debit or its become receivable..

AS in given question it is not evident that at what point of time they are asking this..but in my view in long run Deferred Tax will be given a Debit Balance means put on asset side...but in starting this shows Credit balance as well it can be liability or asset...so keeping in view these things I too go with part C

Quote:
(9) Return of Equity will be calculated as under:
(a) Operating Profit x 100/Equity
(b) Net profit x 100/Paid up Capital only
(c) None of these

Return on Equity is calculated as Net Profit/Shareholders' Equity x 100
Yup you are right...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaara~hussain View Post

(1) Rent of the premises constitutes variable expenses for cost allocation:
(a) True
(b) False
This is False because whether you use premises or not, you will have to pay Rent..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rixwan For This Useful Post:
aboutppsc (Wednesday, July 12, 2017), hussainzahid (Monday, June 19, 2017), Sulehrix (Sunday, February 21, 2016)