View Single Post
Old Thursday, January 12, 2012
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 73Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,480 Times in 622 Posts
redmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud of
Post My Interview/Viva (CE-2011) : 12-01-2012

CE-2011 Final Viva/Interview, 12th January, 2012. FPSC HQ, Islamabad.

Enter. 10: 01 AM

Greetings.

Mr. Justice (Retd.) Bhagwan Das

1. You belong to Larkana. What brings you to Islamabad?
2. Why didn’t you go to Karachi?
3. Did you join any coaching centre?
4. Who was the senior who guided you? Name? Current Status?
5. What is strategic importance of Larkana?
6. What about Indus Civilizations, Two Prime Ministers, some other politicians etc?
7. Why have you chosen DMG as you first preference?
8. Which DMG officer impressed you from your city/community?
9. You have mentioned criminal justice reforms in your pro forma. What kind of reforms would you introduce?

i) Draft proposals for the lawmakers to amend the discriminatory laws & procedures.
ii) Take measures to ensure speedy justice - avoiding unnecessary prolonged detentions.
iii) Keep internal check on judiciary and police via strict monitoring by supervisors as well as by civil society.

10. What laws are discriminatory?

i) Blasphemy Law
ii) Hudood Law
iii) Anti Terrorism Act
[ I understand that many would have reservations over this, I respect everyone's point of view and do not wish to start a debate here, please.]

11. Why do bureaucrats become corrupt?
12. Why don’t they start business or find some other jobs if bureaucracy doesn’t pay handsome salaries?
13. Why do bureaucrats become politicized?
14. Whose fault it is?
15. How can we curb corruption in the bureaucracy?

Maj. Gen. (Retd) Ovais Mushtaque

1. You have studied from a cadet college. How was your experience?
2. What is the difference between ordinary institution and a cadet college?
3. You have studied public administration. How would you define governance?
4. What do you think about the governance of the present government?
5. What were the expectations of people from the government?
6. What are the shortcomings of the government?
7. What can we do to improve it?
8. If you are given the charge of country’s finances/economics, what policies would you introduce?

i) I will reduce current expenditures and reduce the budget deficit to almost zero.
ii) I will pursue writing off of the accumulated external debt (through diplomatic channels by taking into confidence some of the stakeholders in it)
iii) I will formulate development-oriented long term policies which will ensure smooth progress for the coming years.

9. As a DCO of your city, what would be your policies in the district?

i) As a DCO, I will ensure the smooth functioning of all the deptts. by keeping vigil and conducting regular meetings with the officers under my command.
ii) I will focus on enhancing the agriculture crop by taking measures ensuring timely availibility of seed and fertilizers
iii) I will utilize the available budget efficiently towards eradicating poverty in the district
iv) I will ensure every child who attains the age of 5 years goes to school

10. What are the main sources of livelihood of the people of your area?
11. What is current external debt on Pakistan?
12. What is the total internal debt?
13. What will you do to get this loan written off? Do you think it will be easier to get this huge amount written off?

i) I understand it won't be easy, but we can always try and have some hope in diplomacy. Through good international relations with some of the key countries in the international community, we can achieve what may presently seem impossible.
ii) In case all else fail, we can get the debt installments rescheduled and then categorically pay off the entire debt in the coming years. ( Case Study: Turkey will get rid of IMF debts by 2013. In 2002, it owed approx. $23 billion to IMF.)

14. Why are IMF policies bad?
15. Turkey adopted different measures. What can Pakistan do in this regard?

Mr. Saud Gohar

1. Your answer to the questions no.7 is in contradiction with the answer to the question no.17. How would you justify it? (He referred to the psychological pro forma & I do not remember the Q.)
2. An other question from psychological pro forma. I forgot this Q. too.
3. You play Squash. Do you still play?
4. What is the current administrative structure of Squash in the country?
5. How can we improve the Squash to achieve the lost glory?
6. Do you think Iran can withstand the pressure of west?
7. How long?
8. Don’t you think Iran should take some reconciliatory measures to decrease the tension?

Thank you.

Best Wishes.

Exit. 10:35 AM

Alhamdulilah, I'm content with my answers, though, perfection is always a step ahead. The duration of approx. 35 minutes.

Best of Luck to All of You.

Regards,
Aamish Bhatti (Friday, March 09, 2012), Abdussamad Chaudhary (Thursday, January 12, 2012), amna rafiq (Tuesday, January 17, 2012), andleeb Akhter (Friday, January 13, 2012), ArifAwan (Wednesday, March 21, 2012), Asad Shafiq (Saturday, January 21, 2012), drvalentino (Tuesday, February 07, 2012), Eager (Thursday, January 12, 2012), Engr Ameet Kumar (Thursday, January 12, 2012), Erum Qureshi (Monday, March 26, 2012), famfai (Sunday, March 25, 2012), game on (Thursday, January 12, 2012), Gulrukh (Thursday, January 12, 2012), Imrantm (Saturday, September 12, 2015), inayatali (Tuesday, January 17, 2012), intelligentgal (Thursday, January 12, 2012), jayji770 (Friday, January 13, 2012), Mahvish Shahid (Friday, January 13, 2012), mani1 (Thursday, January 12, 2012), Maroof Hussain Chishty (Thursday, January 12, 2012), Rana Sufian (Saturday, January 14, 2012), SADIA SHAFIQ (Thursday, January 12, 2012), ShahbazEllahi (Sunday, January 15, 2012), Shaw (Saturday, March 03, 2012), sonia5 (Saturday, August 25, 2012), suzaq2005 (Thursday, January 12, 2012), syeda naqvi (Friday, January 13, 2012), Tassawur (Thursday, January 12, 2012), topsyturvy (Thursday, November 22, 2012), virgoan (Thursday, January 12, 2012), xeesabir (Sunday, December 02, 2012), zoheb (Wednesday, October 22, 2014)