View Single Post
Old Monday, January 23, 2012
43rd CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 163

siddiqui88 is just really nicesiddiqui88 is just really nicesiddiqui88 is just really nicesiddiqui88 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by syed rizvi View Post
salam,
@ sis farrah and siddiqui88
this is my first post here i have decided to opt Urdu as my optional subject and ALLAH willing will appear in the examination by 2013, i have just bought dr Saleem's book {as it was the only CSPs recommended book available here at sukkur} it seems good, will both of you please help me out by suggesting some more books for Urdu and kindly suggest as well the preparation methodology for Urdu if u can
Wslam!
Buy Amjad Ali shakir's Urdu Adab Tareekh-o-Tanqeed alongwith MA Urdu master guide.
Consult Dr. Saleem's book only after you would have finished these two, reason being that Dr. Saleem's book is critical in its approach. In an effort of presenting the whole history of Urdu literature, he had condensed many things too much, at the expense of clarity that may create difficulty for a starter.
Whereas from the examination point of view one needs to grasp basics first ,and that too thoroughly. After that you may consult it; its a good one. You may use it for references too; further it will enhance your over all comprehension of literature as well as analytical ability.

Amjad Ali's book is to the point, designed specially for CSS.
Master guide is comprehensive and simply fabulous.

While preparing make bullet point notes; jot down references, verses and quotations.

I would also recommend that while going through books,note the points for Objective,topic-wise. Have a look on past papers objective to have an idea about what is needed to be noted.

When you have all these three books, let me know; I will guide you further.
The Following User Says Thank You to siddiqui88 For This Useful Post:
syed rizvi (Thursday, January 26, 2012)