View Single Post
Old Friday, February 10, 2012

Afshan Choudary will become famous soon enoughAfshan Choudary will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo View Post
I have corrected your mistakes to the best of my knowledge. Any specific sentence from this question paper you want to discuss?
ur corrections seems ok to me....

Quote:
All are correct except for the last sentence. It should be 'manage' instead of 'managed'.
8) He said, "How will you manage it?"
you mean it will be as...
He asked that how he would manage it.
I agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nice051 View Post

7. the teacher told me that i must not forget about what she had told me last lesson and said that she would expect me to be able to repeat it coming lesson by heart.

8. He said, "May I open the window? It's rather hot in here."
8. he asked me if he might open the window as it was rather hot in there.

Quote:
My 8th sentence might be wrong. Your's and Afshan's look more plausible. But for the teacher wala sentence and many others, I have a TIP- Avoid adding any words by yourself in the original sentence. Secondly 'told' will be converted to 'had told'.
here i agree with Amigo that we should avoid adding any words by our self ....

6. The teacher said, "You must not forget what I told you last lesson. I shall expect you to be able to repeat it next lesson by hear."

The teacher told me/said to me that I must not forget what she had told me last lesson and said that she would expect me to be able to repeat it coming lesson by heart .

there is a another rule that while joining sentences in indirect sentences, try to use "and that"

what if i write as:

The teacher told me/said to me that I must not forget what she had told me last lesson and that she would expect me to be able to repeat it coming lesson by heart.