1) Arfa Karim Randhawa (2 February 1995 – 14 January 2012) was a Pakistani student and computer prodigy, who in 2004 at the age of nine years became Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), the youngest in the world until 2008. She worked for Bill Gates at Microsoft Headquarters USA.
2) Umar Saif is a Pakistani computer scientist and entrepreneur, who is known for his work on using ICT solutions for developing-world problems. Dr. Saif was named as one of the top 35 young innvoators in the world (TR35) in 2011. He was selected as a Young Global Leader (YGL) by the World Economic Forum in 2010. Dr. Saif has (co-)founded four technology startups: BumpIn.com (contextual chatting),SeeNreport.com (citizen journalism), ChOpaal.pk (SMS social networking) and TicketMy.com (event tickets). Dr. Saif is the founder of one of the first startup incubators in Lahore, Pakistan, called SCI.
3) Ali Moeen Nawazish is a Pakistani student notable for passing 23 A-levels, a world record.He got 21 As, a B, and a C. Nawazish has graduated from Trinity Hall, Cambridge. Nawazish was born in Rawalpindi, Pakistan, he has founded Step Up Pakistan, an organization Pakistan primarily in the field of education.
4) Malala Yousafzai (born 1998) is an eighth-grade Pakistani student from the town of Mingora in Swat District, and is known for being a children's rights activist. At 13 years old she gained notability for championing the cause of the people of Swat by blogging for the BBC, a brave, courageous girl who fought for the rights when 800 schools were closed due to Talibanization. She nominated for International Children Peace Prize and receives National Peace Award from PM Pakistan.
5) Aung San Suu Kyi, is a Burmese opposition politician and the General Secretary of the National League for Democracy. A Nobel Peace laureate symbolises the struggle of Burma's people to be free. She was released from detention on 13th November 2010. Suu Kyi received the Rafto Prize and the Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought in 1990 and theNobel Peace Prize in 1991. Suu Kyi is the third child and only daughter of Aung San, considered to be the father of modern-day Burma.
Reference: wikipedia !
6) Mansoor Ijaz (born 1961) is an American businessman of Pakistan ancestry. He is an investment banker and media commentator, mostly in relation to Pakistan, Iraq and Afghanistan. He is the founder and chairman of Crescent Investment Management LLC, Ijaz has had ties to former CIA Director James Woolsey.
7) Stefani Germanotta, or Lady GaGa, was born on the 28th of March 1986. Her 2008 debut album, The Fame, stated her goal and achieved it all at once. She has had number 1 hits throughout the world which include "Just Dance" and "Poker Face". Since the start of 2009, Lady GaGa has been a huge hit and loved by lots of people. She is one of the most famous Singers in the World at the moment.
8) Britney Jean Spears (born December 2, 1981) is an American recording artist and entertainer. Born in McComb, Mississippi, and raised in Kentwood, Louisiana, Spears began performing as a child, landing acting roles in stage productions and television shows. Spears was credited with influencing the revival of teen pop during the late 1990s.According to the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), she is the eighth top-selling female artist in the United States, with 33 million certified albums.
9) Adele Laurie Blue Adkins (born 5 May 1988), better known mononymously as Adele, is an English recording artist and songwriter. She received the Brit Awards "Critics' Choice" and won the BBC Sound of 2008.Her career in the US was boosted by a Saturday Night Live appearance in late 2008. At the 2009 Grammy Awards, Adele received the awards for Best New Artist and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. She has also won a total of 8 Grammy Awards and 1 Brit Award.
10) Ellen Lee DeGeneres ( born January 26, 1958) is an American stand-up comedian, television host and actress, a member of both the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA) and the Writers Guild of America (WGA). She hosts the syndicated talk show The Ellen DeGeneres Show.In November 2011, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton named her a Special Envoy for Global AIDS Awareness.
11) Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson (born October 25, 1984), better known by her stage name of Katy Perry, is an American singer, songwriter and actress. Born in Santa Barbara, California, and raised by Christian pastor parents.In 2009, Billboard magazine ranked her as the 51st artist of the 2000s
Last edited by Umer; Friday, February 24, 2012 at 12:56 AM.
Reason: Chain posts