View Single Post
Old Friday, February 24, 2012
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureapak View Post
could not have hoga na.... q kay past changes to past perfect.. could is past and its perfect would be could not have
Could remains unchanged

Note - There is no change to; could, would, should, might and ought

English Grammar - direct speech - quoted speech and indirect speech - reported speech - Learn English

Quote:
or was more interested in the gardern.... are changes to Was na...
I omitted are and merged the sentence so in that case I don't think we should add was.

Quote:
I replied,'' Yes I'm sure , he will".. more appropriate na...
Yes is additional.Us k bagher b jumla theek he hai Na

Quote:
Have got hoga na
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureapak View Post
He announced on monday that his son was coming that day.. informed be sahi hai but announce is more appropriate.. ....yah ?
Nah That's right.wese bhi we don't know whether he announced or informed

Quote:
He asked/inquired if she had gone the privious day...
You are right."had gone"

Quote:
He says,"You are to meet me at the station".. HAVE TO kesay laga..? if reporting speech is present indefinite there is no change of tense in reported speech.... yeah ?
I wasn't sure about it.You seem right.

Quote:
My father said to me,'May you recover from your illness.'
prayed to indirect karne wakt lagaingay na .. jis tarha aap ne suggested lagaya hay upar...
prayed laganay mein b herj nae. sentence ghalat tou nae ho ga.

Quote:
would lagega na ?
He inquired how I should manage it.

Look ! shall changes to should so when we shall change the narration into I the helping verb will be shall and this shall changes to should in indirect narration. what you say ?

Last edited by Shooting Star; Monday, May 07, 2012 at 01:48 AM.