View Single Post
Old Thursday, March 01, 2012
43rd CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 163

siddiqui88 is just really nicesiddiqui88 is just really nicesiddiqui88 is just really nicesiddiqui88 is just really nice
Default British History 2012

FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION

COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR
RECRUITMENT TO POST IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2012

BRITISH HISTORY, PAPER - I

Time Allowed: 3 Hours
(Part I, MCQs) 30 Minutes - Maximum Marks: 20
(Part II) 2 Hours & 30 Minutes: Maximum Marks: 80

Note:
(i) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Question Paper.
(ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
(iii) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.

PART - II

Q.2 Analyze the political and constitutional significance of the Hanoverian succession on the course of British History. (20)

Q.3 "Never was a king stronger than James III when he ascended the throne. But he lost the throne in record time largely because of his omissions and commissions," In view of this statement analyze the cause and results of Glorious Revolution. (20)

Q.4 Critically examine how George III established his personal rule and why it failed? (20)

Q.5 What measures where taken by England to check the French Revolution for its spread in Europe? Analyze. (20)

Q.6 The growth of political parties in England during the 18th Century strengthened the Cabinet system of Government. Comment and Analyze. (20)

Q.7 What were the various causes of the British failure in the American War of Independence? (20)

Q.8 Write comprehensive notes on any TWO of the following: (10x2=20)
  1. Causes and Results of Seven years war
  2. Edmond Burke
  3. Pitt the younger
  4. Foreign Policy of Castlereagh