Thread: Journalism 2012
View Single Post
Old Thursday, March 01, 2012
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 51

Thanked 1,424 Times in 486 Posts
mano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call for Change View Post
I am thinking the same ....Karl marx basically criticized the role of media for portraying the ideas of ruling elite and strengthening their hegemony. He said those who have means also controls the minds and economic power led to cultural power. The media formulates the ideas of the ruling class as ideas of masses. Means Karl marx was anti media and criticized the role of corporate media. he said that media is owned and governed by the rich people. It happens both on local and global level. So,what i get from this question is that the media set the agendas during the flood campaign and showed which incorporated their benefit. the social responsibility was replaced by the benefit of their organizations. All the rating games and making of false stories was the media agenda during flood. Then the other part caters the social responsibility of media. Like, how media has to behave and play its role during the bad times and what role it can play for the betterment of the society. I think its a comparison between what "media did and what it was supposed to do" .
exactly, but even then it's an upset..........the statement can be justified if one knows the role of TV channels during floods, but even then a little reference of karl marx theory was required to mention, anyhow an unusual question,,,,,,name of karl marx in journalism, interesting