View Single Post
Old Wednesday, March 28, 2012
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 58

soloflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoloflyer has a spectacular aura about

Aoa , my interview was on 28.03.2011. I was the third guy who went inside. I am currently working in NTDC as assistant director.

Bhagwan Das

I was asked about my current job.
Energy crisis, short-term and long-term solutions.
Western social thought.
What is a welfare state? Which states in Europe are welfare states.
I said Sweden and I also told the tax-to-gdp ratio of Sweden.
At this he asked. Tell me about tax-to-gdp ratio of Canada. ( to which I said sorry)
He asked me something about NORDIC countries, ( I do not remember the exact question because I did not know about it )

He asked me whether the current tussle between PM and SC will end will end in collapse of system.
He asked me about RIO DE JENEIRO.
Where are the current Olympics being held ( I said London , he then asked me about the exact start and end date , to which I said sorry)
Where were the first olympics held?
Max weber’s Bureaucratic Model.
A Pakistani child who won the math competition. ( I knew the competition , but not the name of the child so I said sorry)

Saood Gohar :

My hateful personality was George.W.Bush.
So Saood Gohar asked me what other options did bush have apart from bombing Afghanistan. After that a lengthy discussion went on, he asked me about iraq, about the Russian invasion of Afghanistan and the Us interests at that time.

Then he asked me tell me in the past 64 years which lesson has Pakistan not learnt. I said secession of East Pakistan and the current scenario in balochistan. Then a lengthy discussion went on regarding the possible solutions of balochistan.

He asked me about my favourite TV show. And why Mr.Azizi in Hasb-e-Hall makes fun of the BUTT community. ( I am omer Mahmood butt)

He asked me about progressive and regressive taxation ( I said sorry)

He asked me about safety measures taken before electrification of building( I am electrical engineer )
Name of projects that world bank will fund by giving 1 billion dollars.

He also asked me whether considering the current situation , military will intervene or not?

The third guy.

He asked me about Circular debt and its implications.
Generation capacity of Pakistan.
Generation capacity added by the current government.
Wind generation.
How does inflation occur.
State bank has injected 300 bn Rs in economy. Is it helpful or not ? ( a good discussion went on )

He also asked me about webers model

About the press ordinance 1963 ( I said sorry )

The other questions asked to my friends are:

Tides and how do they occur.
Role of Russia in current scenario.
What is SORT?
The famous buildings in spain.
Comparison of 1956 and 1973 constitution.
Sociological theory of C.W Mills.
Social/cultural change.

My Tip:

Be confident, you will drop questions , so no need to worry. Whatever you answer , be logical and try to back your arguments by quoting the source, like I did mention the recent state bank report on Pakistan economy on a number of occasions.
Mr. BD will try to confuse you by not accepting anything you say, but try to remain calm.

And good luck to you all.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to soloflyer For This Useful Post:
ArifAwan (Wednesday, March 28, 2012), Asad Shafiq (Thursday, March 29, 2012), drvalentino (Wednesday, March 28, 2012), Eager (Thursday, March 29, 2012), Gulrukh (Wednesday, March 28, 2012), intelligentgal (Thursday, March 29, 2012), Riaz Ahmed Alizai (Wednesday, March 28, 2012), Scorpion86 (Wednesday, March 28, 2012), tknw01 (Wednesday, March 28, 2012)