View Single Post
Old Thursday, April 19, 2012
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 114

amnatariqshah will become famous soon enough
Default My Interview - 17th April 2012 (Peshawar)

Hi everyone!!!

Here are the details of my interview held on the 17th of April’ 12 at Peshawar Center.

My optional subjects: Indo-Pak History, Journalism, Sociology, and Psychology.
I am an English Literature and Applied Linguistics major from Peshawar University, and I am currently working as a freelance writer. So, here I go…

He asked me why I had answered the rebirth question in the proforma… I tried to be a little witty by stating that as a writer it is my job to be imaginative, so I imagined to have been born again. But, he wasn’t quite impressed… hehe

His focus was on Psychology, English Literature and general knowledge. He asked things related to psychosis and neurotic disturbances, as well as different terms of Psychology… such as Alzheimer’s diseases, schizophrenia, and forgetfulness.
Details about straits and seas – their locations and importance.
He even asked me about several important English writers and poets.
General questions like why do I wish to join the civil services and what change I could possibly bring to the system?
Questions about freelance writing, my writing interest, and my published book.
Current security situation, why and how to solve?

Current situation of the Palestine and Israel issue. How do I foresee it and what suggestions I have to solve the long-standing issue?
Current status of the Egypt issue...How it started, what’s currently going on and how do I foresee it and why.
Questions about different genres of literature. Which one do I like the most and why? How do I view poetry and prose? Plus, about different eras of English Literature and their importance… a healthy discussion ensued, once I began to put forth my views etc.
There were a few more questions from him that I cannot recall at the moment… will make sure I update my thread.

Foreign debt of Pakistan? External and internal.
Foreign Remittance
Trade deficit
Tax percentage
Shakespearean age and its importance… restoration, Augustan age etc.
Coleridge and Wordsworth – how are they different or similar.
PCNS report and all the details related to it.

Need to give my head a big shake!!! I am missing out a number of questions… I will update the thread when the forgotten stuff pops in...

Good luck!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to amnatariqshah For This Useful Post:
ArifAwan (Thursday, April 19, 2012), Asad Shafiq (Thursday, April 19, 2012), drvalentino (Thursday, April 19, 2012), Eager (Friday, May 04, 2012), Gulrukh (Sunday, April 22, 2012), leadsmalik98 (Thursday, April 19, 2012), mano g (Thursday, April 19, 2012), Riaz Ahmed Alizai (Saturday, April 21, 2012)