View Single Post
Old Thursday, April 19, 2012
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 9709

shah3431 is on a distinguished road

My interview was conducted on the 18th and it was a disaster of epic proportions (ironically it was a piece of cake compared to what the candidates here had to go through). Never the less, here’s what the asked me.

Mr. Bhagwan Daas:

- Introduced me and then asked me the reason I wanted to shift from medical to foreign service
- Asked me why the maddrassas are creating jihadi’s (or something of that sort..anyways I gave a vague answer)
- Asked me whether religion should play a role in the state law/affairs (I said ‘yes’ and that it is inevitable because we are living in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan)
- Talked about my psychological performa and why I attributed negative qualities to the youth (I said I didn’t remember what I wrote). Said that my grammar and vocabulary is good but my writing is awful and that I need to improve my handwriting (I said it’s too late for that now sir). Also was a bit peeved at why I wrote in my father and uncle’s designation in the near relatives details (I said I’m sorry and I didn’t know and he said that you should know if you’re going to join foreign service).
- Asked me about the global zero
- UN organisations and whether UN was a successful or not?
- Whether army should be removed from siachein
- Suez Canal and the strait of Homruz and whether Iran will go through with its threats
- Asked me which country I would like to be assigned to if I’m selected to foreign service ( I said America and he asked why to which I reply because that’s where the action is (how lame))
- Asked me which countries I have been to
- Asked me about diplomatic immunity
- Asked me about the decisions made in the BRICS summit
- Asked me about the energy crisis in detail (my dad was in WAPDA)

Mr Saud Gohar:

- Pakistan says that it has championed the cause of muslim ummah do you agree
- Difference between white collar and corporate crime
- X and Y theory of management
- Why china is devaluing its currency (I was right yet he said that I was way off)
- New hydal projects
- Gomal zam river/ dam

Mr Ahmed Mian:

- The doctor patient ratio in Pakistan
- GDP allocation to health
- Conflict theory
- Inverted pyramid in journalism
- First printing press in the subcontinent
- Leadership styles
- Was PEMRA able to regulate the media
- Devolution and health sector

I think I may have set a record of chanting “I’m sorry sir” in 30 mins. Once Mr. Bhagwan Daas’s turn was over he acted completely disinterested in the rest of my viva (although his was the part that I did good in). The panel seemed completely disinterested in me (there were no warm vibes of any sort although I did manage to make Mr Bhagwan Daas smile on 2 occasions). Anyways, I’m just hoping they like my personality or maybe pay more focus to my excellent communication skills (even if I do say so myself). I’m just glad that its over and that I would NEVER have to read a newspaper again.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shah3431 For This Useful Post:
Asad Shafiq (Thursday, April 19, 2012), Dr Khoso (Thursday, April 19, 2012), drvalentino (Thursday, April 19, 2012), Eager (Friday, May 04, 2012), Faisal86 (Thursday, April 19, 2012), Gulrukh (Sunday, April 22, 2012), mano g (Thursday, April 19, 2012), mechrose37 (Thursday, April 19, 2012), Riaz Ahmed Alizai (Saturday, April 21, 2012), Scorpion86 (Friday, April 20, 2012)