View Single Post
Old Friday, April 20, 2012
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 20Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

drvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mano g View Post
Panel ask me following questions from psychology.....
1. what is id, ego and super-ego?
2.what is Erik Erickson's theory of personality?
3. What is personality?
Structural Model (id, ego, superego)

According to Freud, we are born with our Id. The id is an important part of our personality because as newborns, it allows us to get our basic needs met. Freud believed that the id is based on our pleasure principle. In other words, the id wants whatever feels good at the time, with no consideration for the reality of the situation. When a child is hungry, the id wants food, and therefore the child cries. When the child needs to be changed, the id cries. When the child is uncomfortable, in pain, too hot, too cold, or just wants attention, the id speaks up until his or her needs are met.

The id doesn't care about reality, about the needs of anyone else, only its own satisfaction. If you think about it, babies are not real considerate of their parents' wishes. They have no care for time, whether their parents are sleeping, relaxing, eating dinner, or bathing. When the id wants something, nothing else is important.

Within the next three years, as the child interacts more and more with the world, the second part of the personality begins to develop. Freud called this part the Ego. The ego is based on the reality principle. The ego understands that other people have needs and desires and that sometimes being impulsive or selfish can hurt us in the long run. Its the ego's job to meet the needs of the id, while taking into consideration the reality of the situation.

By the age of five, or the end of the phallic stage of development, the Superego develops. The Superego is the moral part of us and develops due to the moral and ethical restraints placed on us by our caregivers. Many equate the superego with the conscience as it dictates our belief of right and wrong.

In a healthy person, according to Freud, the ego is the strongest so that it can satisfy the needs of the id, not upset the superego, and still take into consideration the reality of every situation. Not an easy job by any means, but if the id gets too strong, impulses and self gratification take over the person's life. If the superego becomes to strong, the person would be driven by rigid morals, would be judgmental and unbending in his or her interactions with the world. You'll learn how the ego maintains control as you continue to read.

Personality is the particular combination of emotional, attitudinal, and behavioral response patterns of an individual. Different personality theorists present their own definitions of the word based on their theoretical positions

Personality psychology is a branch of psychology that studies personality and individual differences. Its areas of focus include:
Constructing a coherent picture of the individual and his or her major psychological processes
Investigating individual differences — how people are unique
Investigating human nature - how people are alike

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah3431 View Post
That's the thing Inspite of a simple interview I dropped almost half of the questions (there were many other questions that have skipped my mind). I dunno but at that point my mind was drawing a blank .
My optionals were Pub Adm, Psychology, Sociology, Journalism and IR.
but why it happened bro?were u not well prepared for interview?u r from KPK?where u r doing ur job???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikander-007 View Post
After reviewing the interview questions i have observed that there is no specific pattern.
u r rite,everyone has its own luck..my interview was bit different from others .

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzairbaloch View Post
25 april to 9 may...someone plz put forward questions on islamic hstry and culture
why there r 73 sects in islam?
causes of downfall of ummayad,abbasid and downfall in spain.?
i remember only these q,s
The Following User Says Thank You to drvalentino For This Useful Post:
leadsmalik98 (Monday, April 23, 2012)