View Single Post
Old Wednesday, April 25, 2012
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 16Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

ArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to behold

One thing I have noticed in the interviews is that there is hardly any question that one may not know about. So the major emphasis is how one puts it. The panel asks both open ended and close ended questions but expect to the point and logical answer rather than lingering on. I had to say sorry over 3-4 questions despite knowing the answer but not knowing the exact answer (or how to put it ). Like I could have argued on the social conflict question, i thought i was not yet ready for the bombardment so had to set my breath for the next question which luckily I could answer logically with the help of statistics. So the initial questions determine the confidence level and composure and help one to understand what the panels wants to know precisely. Once over, the remainder interview is quiz type and argumentative in certain questions .

Mr. Saud Gauhar's style is argumentative and would indulge in binary conversation in which he hears less and speaks more.
He would tend to disagree and would repeat your argument and say , "this is the exact answer". The funny part is, one thinks that it was what I said so what's the point in repeating

Muhammad Ahmed Mian's style is different and pleasant as well as he tends to be a good listener and puts questions from economy, one's occupation and contemporary issues.

So it is difficult for a person to weigh his performance exactly after the interview. Initially I was perturbed but now as I am recalling the questions, I believe I have been questioned in almost all spheres and my performance was quite good.

some more questions that i couldn't post initially were about:

USA interest in South China sea. (BD)
About my favourite book "The Alchemist"
Non State Actors
Pakistan's Exports, Imports and trade deficit. ( Muhammad Ahmed Mian)
Expenditure on health and Education ( Muhammad Ahmed Mian )

And finally, the panel is best at its job as it knows how to tackle confident, non-confident and Over confident candidates. They behave differently with these three kinds of candidates. Their utmost try will be to bring your natural personality out through such tactics, so don't worry about it
game on (Friday, April 27, 2012), Riaz Ahmed Alizai (Wednesday, April 25, 2012), Scorpion86 (Wednesday, April 25, 2012)