View Single Post
Old Friday, May 18, 2012
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

imbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of light

MERITS OF HADRAT UMAR AL-FAROOQ (R.A)

Praise of Sayyidna Umar (RA) in words of Hadrat Ali (Karam Allahu Wajahu)

bn Abu Mulaika reported: I heard Ibn 'Abbas as saying: Wlien 'Umar b. Khatab was placed in the coffin the people gathered around him. They praised him and supplicated for him before the bier was lifted up, and I was one amongst them. Nothing attracted my attention but a person who gripped my shoulder from behind. I saw towards him and found that he was 'All. He invoked Allah's mercy upon 'Umar and said: You have left none behind you (whose) deeds (are so enviable) that I love to meet Allah with them. By Allah, I hoped that Allah would keep you and your two associates together. I had often heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: I came and there came too Abu Bakr and 'Umar; I entered and there entered too Abu Bakr and 'Umar; I went out and there went out too Abu Bakr and 'Umar, and I hope and think that Allah will keep you along with them.

Reference

Book 031, Number 5885: Sahih Muslim

House in Paradise for Umar (RA) was already built

Jabir reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:I entered Paradise and saw in it a house or a palace. I said: For whom is it resersred? They (the Angels) said: It is for 'Umar b. Khattab. (The Holy Prophet said to 'Umar b. Khattab): I intended to get into it but I thought of your feelings. Thereupon 'Umar wept and said: Apostle of Allah, could I feel any jealousy in your case?

Reference

Book 031, Number 5896: (Sahih Muslim)

Umar (RA) the one deserving to get inspiration

A'isha reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: There had been among the people before you inspired persons and if there were any such among my Umma Umar b. Khattab would be one of them. Ibn Wahb explained the word Muhaddathun as those who receive hint from the High (Mulhamun).

Reference

Book 031, Number 5901: (Sahih Muslim)

Allah aided Islam through Sayyidna Umar Ibn ul Khattab (Radhi Allah)

Sayyidna Ibn Umar (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger (Salallaho alaihi wasalam) prayed. “O Allah, strengthen Islam with whichever of these two men is dearer to you. Abu Jahl or Umar ibn al-Khattab (Radhi Allah)”. And Umar (RA) was the one of the two dear to Allah

Reference

[Narrated in Tirimdhi Volume 2 Page No 638 Hadith No. 3701 – English Translation by Dar ul Ishaat Karachi, Pakistan] Imam Abu Isa Tirimdhi said : The Hadith is Hasan Sahih.

Whosoever defames these 2 Sahaba does not love Prophet (saw)

Muhammad ibn Sirin said: I do not suppose that a man who defames Abu Bakr (RA) and Umar (RA) loves the Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam)

Reference

[Tirimdhi, Hadith No. 3705 , Dar ul Ishaat], Imam Abu Isa al Tirimdhi (rah) said: The Hadith is Hasan Gharib.

Prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) Confirming the Strenght of Imaan

Abu Sa'id Khudri reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as say ing: While I was asleep I saw people being presented to me (in a dream) and they wore shirts and some of these reached up to the breasts and some even beyond them. Then there happened to pass 'Umar b. Khattab and his shirt had been trailing. They said: Allah's Messeneer, how do you interpret the dream? He said: (As strength of) faith.

Reference

Book 031, Number 5887 Sahih Muslim

Prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) informing about the Knowledge of Sayyidna Umar Ibn ul Khattab (R.A)

Hamza b. Abdullah b. 'Umar b. Khattab reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: While I was asleep I saw (in a dream) a cup containing milk bein. presented to me. I took out of that until I perceived freshness being reflected through my nails. Then I presented the leftover to 'Umar b. Khattab. They said: Allah's Messenger: how do you interpret it? He said: This implies knowledge.

Reference

Satan changes his way in front of Sayyidna Umar Ibn ul Khattab (R.A)

Sa'd b. Waqqas reported that Umar sought permission from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) to visit him when some women of the Quraish were busy in talking with him and raising their voices above his Voiee. When'Umar sought permission they stood up and went hurriedly behind the curtain. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) gave him permission smilingly. Thereupon 'Umar said: Allah's Messenger, may Allah keep you happy all your life. Then Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: I wonder at these women who were with me and no sooner did they hear your voice, they immediately went behind the curtain. Thereupon 'Umar said: Allah's Messenger, you have more right that they should fear you. Then Umar (addressing the women) said: O ye enemies of yourselves, do you fear me and fear not the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him)? They said: Yes, you are harsh and strict as compared to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). Thereupon, Allah's Messenger (maypeace be upon him) said: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, if satan would encounter you in the way he would certainly take a different way from that of yours.

Reference

“There cannot be any Prophet after our beloved Prophet Muhammad (Salallaho alaihi wasalam) as Authentic Hadith says “La Nabi Baadi” (There is no Prophet after me)” , however in explaining the greatness of Hadrat Umar (RA), Prophet (saw) said:”

Sayyidna Uqbah ibn Aamir (Radhi Allah) reported that Allah’s Messenger (salallaho alaihi wasalam) said: If there were to be a Prophet after me then he would be Umar ibn al-Khattab

Reference

►[Tirimdhi Hadith No. 3706, Musnad Ahmed bin Hanbal Hadith No. 17410]-In Tirimdhi It is declared as Hassan

►Volume 5, Book 57, Number 38: (Sahih Bukhari)
Lodhi Bhai (Thursday, May 24, 2012)