View Single Post
Old Monday, May 21, 2012

Venerated is on a distinguished road

@Muhammad T S Awan.

Brother I am really thankful to you for such detailed and frank comments. And I also wanted such comments. But i want to make and justify some points.
Quote:
What is the basis of this claim? Lastly, Education Policy of 2009 was introduced, but even after three years, that policy has not been implemented in letter and spirit.
The introduction of the education policy itself is a great step on the part of the govt to improve education level in Pakistan. The education policy 2009 is not a short term policy which can be implemented overnight. The framers of the policy claim that this policy is a comprehensive one which has overcome weaknesses of the previous policies. They expect this poliy to be permanent and that they would not need other policies in future. Since the policy is a long term one we can only hope that it would be implemented because if it is implemented it would transform the future of our nation.
Quote:
Give a general intro of education sector, thn divide it into components of primary, secondary/higher secondary and tertiary/higher education. every component is having its peculiar issues. The introduction could be somewhat like,

The present system of education in Pakistan is a legacy of colonialism system of education that used to feed the requirement of the foreign rulers. No proper attention was given for the modification and updating the prevailing system during the last five decades of independence. The system needs complete overhaul, to be upgraded and advanced to meet the requirement worthy to the dignity of independent nation. The system should have been demand oriented instead of supply oriented. This needs drastic changes in the syllabi and curricula. The modern approaches of teaching and learning should be launched to cater the needs of expanding economy of the country. The present system of education is producing clerical stuff where as the nation needs skilled manpower adorned with technological knowledge in modern sciences. The Skilled persons are to be produced who shall boost up the economic growth of the country............
Well dear yours is a type of intro. But I tried to compact my intro into as few words as possible.
Quote:
Present this point systematically, Pakistanis do not believe in the true worth of education? Why?
Yes dear this is a dilemma our nation that it does not believe in true worth of the education that's why we lag behind in this field. People of the urban areas may be believing in it but a lion's share of the population, being agrarian and feudalists, don't believe in it. We see in our rural areas people do not send their children to schools. Even this thinking is prevalent in urban area. On the other hand our leaders, the feudalist, believe in illiteracy of their subjects. Another proof of such lack of belief in education is the mediocre amount of budget reserved for the education sector.
Quote:
Apart from government, the philantrhopist organizations/NGOs and private sector is to establish institution, but the institutions established in private sector are money making machines instead of providing quality education at lesser rates, they charge very high and make hue and cry that they are catering to educational needs of the masses.
I also have highlighted this problem under the heading "There is a private-public divide."
Quote:
In this heading, point 1, 4, and 5 can somehow work with it, while 2 and 3 has nothing to do with the governance issue. Governance is the management and administering of education system, first tier is the government, previously the Ministry of Education at Federal level and Departments of Education at Provincial levels were the main hubs and now the Provincial Departments of Education are to look after the governance issue. then comes the structure/hierarchy running the machinery of school, that is who shall be the custodian/manager of buildings etc, either its DCO/EDO Education etc. For higher education, the Musharraf regime had promulgated Federal Model Universities Ordinance to improve governance in universities/higher education institutions...
The point nos 2 and 3 relate to the problems of private-public divide and feudalism. Brother these two problems relate to the governance issues. Who have governed us?Who have been heads of all the national institutions?Who have framed policies in the parliament? My brother they have all been the feudalist.
Quote:
Moreorless all points are excerpts from Education Policy 2009, but nothing substantial steps have been made for its effective implementation.
I agree, i have taken many points from the education policy 2009. But does it convey a negative impression?