View Single Post
Old Friday, June 01, 2012
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 22Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2012

Thanked 2,147 Times in 983 Posts
usman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant future

My Interview CSS 2011

Date April 30, 2012
Karachi Centre
Interview Start Time: 11:25 AM, End Time: 11:57 AM
It was a really hot day in Karachi, I was 5th to enter the interview room!
My Optionals: Arabic, Punjabi, Sociology, Journalism, IR

Rana Bhagwan Das

Asked about my previous attempts and why did I fail in CSS 2010
Asked about my job nature and responsibilities in SBP
Lashkar e Jhangvi; why it is present only in Jhang, why not other cities
My Favourite Book (It was; 'Pakistan, a dream gone sour by Roeded Khan.' Both RBD and Mian Ahmad asked different question from this)
Supreme Court and Current Govt; contempt of court case: I wonder why I supported govt
SBP Monetary Policy Stance, was it justified?
Why SBP's monetray policy has been unsuccessful
If SBP is autonomous why It does not pursue independent policies and denies excess loans to govt.
Tell me any ordinance / act passed by parliament for increasing autonomy of SBP
Geographical Importance of Eiffel Tower (I told the reason, he asked for another, then I told another, he again asked for another.... go on... and i said sorry after 4th one!)
Mr. Usman, You have been living in Sindh for almost 3 years, so let me ask you something from Sindh! Then he asked two or three question related to Sindh:
Largest fort in World (It is Ranikot situated in Sindh)
In which district of Sindh (I didn't know that so said sorry)
Place in sindh where snow fall happened? (snowfall!!! in Sindh.... Surprise and smile was the answer from my side!)
What is AFP
What is ABC
What is PID
What is Defamation?
Any remedy against defamation (I said that there is a defamation act in Pakistan... but he started a counter speech saying that no no gentleman there is no such act... but this act infact exists!)
What changes have been taking place in terms of political and social awareness in youth
Why media is not playing positive role
Gentleman you also had arabic as your optional so translate these verses:
Then he narrated two arabic verses for translation.

Saud Gohar

Audit Para / Advance Para
Working of Public Accounts Committee
How to manage complaints resolution in DMG
Iran nuclear issue...Why Iran is not allowing IAEA Inspectors to inspect their nuclear facilities (Long debate followed...)
Afghanistan Policy
Bipolar vs Multipolar world
Which is better? Bipolar or Multipolar? World is moving towards which one?
Give me some reasons / examples to justify that Multipolar system is better

Muhammad Ahmad Mian

Asked about my book; whether author has done justice in describing history in the book
How many newspapers are working under ABC (I said sorry, he said any idear, I said 'No Idea Sir!')
Circular 29 of writing off loans
Was this circular justified?
What were the contents of circular (I only had a rough idea about circular, didn't know details so said sorry!)
World Bank/IMF new developments

I dropped 4 questions to Rana Bhagwan Das, 1 to Saud Gohar and 2 to Muhammad Ahmad Mian.

Some other question asked in interview which I forgot to mention:

Rana Bhagwan Das
You have written in your performa that 'I don't believe in building castles in the air', explain this.
What are achievements of present government
Why is Mynmaar in media now a days
Why president visited Mynmaar

Muhammad Ahmad Mian
What is PPO
When was it promulgated
Tell me some of its provisions

Last edited by Shooting Star; Thursday, July 05, 2012 at 01:51 AM. Reason: merged
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to usman khalid For This Useful Post:
bhattee (Saturday, June 02, 2012), Farrah Zafar (Monday, June 04, 2012), intelligentgal (Friday, June 01, 2012), maha786 (Monday, August 12, 2013), Muhammad humayun (Tuesday, October 02, 2012), prestigious (Monday, October 22, 2012), RANA AZEEM (Monday, June 04, 2012), rmagsi (Thursday, April 03, 2014), sanguine hope (Friday, June 01, 2012), syeda naqvi (Friday, June 01, 2012)