View Single Post
Old Wednesday, June 27, 2012
PHILOSOPHER
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Stunner is just really niceStunner is just really niceStunner is just really niceStunner is just really niceStunner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaliqdad Gondal View Post
Aoa bro...although i have taken an attempt and my score in IHC was 138...but still i feel there are certain questions which i were not able to prepare due unavailability of relevant material...so, if you could tell me about books where from i could prepare about
Waalaikum Salam ..

Bro you are right that not much or quality material is available for the topics you mentioned .. I skipped these topics during my preparation .. However, If you want to cover them, here are the sources ..

Quote:
1.Ottoman Empire in full detail
History of Islam by Sohail Bhatti covers the topic of Ottoman Empire from page 804 to 852 .. I doubt the quality of this book so I would recommend to go through other sources as well .. A very good video documentary is available, if you can download it through Torrent .. You can add quality quotes and other dimensions of the Ottoman Empire from that documentary .. Its name is 'Islam: Empire of Faith' and part 3 of this documentary deals fully with the Ottoman Empire .. You can also study the more contemporary version of Ottoman Empire from P.K Hitti's 'History of The Arabs' ..Part 4 of the book deals with Ottoman Rule from page 709 ..

Quote:
2.Different civilizations at the advent of Islam
I personally studied only the Arab part of this topic .. I couldn't find satisfactory material on other civilizations even on internet .. So, I skipped it .. If you find any good material on this topic then please share it here for the benefit of all ..

Quote:
3.Conquest and Muslim rule in Africa (not Fatimid)
The book 'The Preaching of Islam' by Sir Thomas Arnold covers the conquest and Muslim rule in Africa part in different chapters .. This book is easily and cheaply available in market .. Chapter 4 of this book deals with the topic 'The spread of Islam among the Christian Nations of Africa' and also Chapter 10 'The Spread of Islam in Africa .. You'll get much insight from this book InshaAllah ..

Regards ..
azure (Sunday, October 14, 2012), Khaliqdad Gondal (Thursday, June 28, 2012), SAMEYA AROOJ (Sunday, January 20, 2013), waves (Saturday, December 29, 2012)