View Single Post
Old Saturday, June 30, 2012

ash90 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start101 View Post
As far as i remembered about NAB Jobs it was advertised that law people would be preferred over non law for all posts. Is it still valid after results.
For quite sometime I have been hearing the word "preference". The word has no explanation from any quarters. In my humble openion this word does not mean "additional marks or points". Rather it is only used as an advantage when two candidates tie on the ranking. That is, if two candidates tie on the ranking then the one with the distinctions mentioned in the advertisement will be considered.

May be the times have changed now, but I would like to share the example of my father who is now a retired person. According to him he had this unfortunate incident in the 60's era when the last two candidates had equal number of ranking. Then the commission (provincial) decided on the basis of seniority. That is, the one candidate who is older, even a day, will be preferred. That happened. My father had lost that year. Though a year later had success.

I hope this word still needs a concerete evidence based on the FPSC records. So if any one has this please share with us.