View Single Post
Old Wednesday, July 18, 2012
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 51

Thanked 1,424 Times in 486 Posts
mano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Asi01;454868]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mano g View Post
2011/2008
[

Optionals

Sociology 66/55
Journalism: 76/75
Islamic History and culture: 130/120

Congratulations for allocation in the royal group of Civil Services.

I have some queries as you have above four optionals which i have also opted.
Mano g! I have appeared twice in CE in 2011 n 2012. I still have a chance n waiting for my result (Plz Pray for my Success in 2012).

My marks were in optionals!
Islamic History n Culture: 103
Journalism : 54
Sociology : 46

Please suggest me some books which you exploited to get excellent marks n also suggest me the strategy to attempt optional papers.
Is it necessary to make detailed notes or bullet notes will do?
How can an aspirant memorise the names n dates in Islamic History?
Please mention the sources which you used for prep of these papers?

Regards
Asif Nawaz Abro
Best wishes for you. For optional papers, select the areas first based on past papers, in this way you will have a list of topics you need to prepare, then make your notes in which there must be outlines, bullet points, important facts and figures etc, remember make such notes as are readable during exams/easily revise able. For Islamic History our teacher used to say that always notice and remember that the no. of non-Muslim army in the battles would be around 1,20,0000 and that of Muslims would be around 20,000 so try to learn these tricks for remembering dates. Your marks in the optionals are less as all these subjects remained scoring this year, in these subjects try to focus on general topics and make your answer unique.focus on objectives.....books were the same that i used but way of expression makes the difference.

sociology:j.j Baloch
Journalism:Abid Tehami (it was my own subject so i had background knowledge for it)
islamic history:M.Arshad's book (you will find it with difficulty though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara Arshad View Post
Congratulations Amna, may Allah bless you with success always. your story is so motivating, thank you so much for writing it down for us all.
I will appear in css 2014 inshALLAH. but i have started preparing for it now. you have written in your story that its not very easy to get allocated in the first attempt, and normally people have to appear again. but i want to get allocated in my first attempt, i don't want to appear again. so i want your guidance that what should be my study plan to get some good position.
Thank you, many people get the group of their choice in the first attempt so follow a strategic path, will tell you in detail the way of setting study plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Ayaz View Post
kindly suggest books for compulsory subjects...
English: Exploring the world of English+Wren n Martin's book of higher English grammer
Islamiyat: Prof.Khurshid's Islami Nazriya-e-hayaat
Pak Affiars: Trek to PAKISTAN, Ikram Rabbani's book also easy to understand
Current affairs:For current affairs never consult a single book or source, explore the knowledge through newspapers, internet, magazines, discussions, talk shows...www.zemtv.com contain archives of all talk shows
EDS:Kashmiri's book is good one but soliving past papers for this particular paper would be a good exercise, use internet for the topics like pesticides, Solar system, genetic engineering so that you get recent facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmarrz View Post
Nice to see you back

thanks for guiding and giving outstanding tips . I belong to a poor family. I can't afford academy charges even a well reputed academy charges near about 80000 (45000 for tuition, 35000 for hostel ) for outside Lahore and Islamabad residents... How can a girl afford it! Although I wanted to join but academy charges are very high

I don't have words all I can pray for the kindness of you to Allah Almighty.

could you guide how to prepare psychology and suggest good book as well?

Second how to answer a particular question? example : by making outlines, simple paragraph or by headings etc? with respect to your way of answering mass communication and sociology papers 2011...

Third can a person from scratch start preparing psychology or Islamic History and score high marks?

I have given the answer regarding psychology and Islamic history in previous postsFor giving answer to a question, break the question in parts that what are the points being asked,then make an outline and follow it while answering, through outline examiner can judge your knowledge and presentation well.
asmarrz (Thursday, July 19, 2012), darwaish (Saturday, November 10, 2012), dms664 (Friday, July 20, 2012), game on (Monday, September 24, 2012), Hira fasahat (Thursday, July 19, 2012), Miss Ayaz (Friday, July 20, 2012), pearlyS (Friday, July 20, 2012), roijen (Thursday, July 19, 2012), Sara Arshad (Wednesday, July 18, 2012), student (Wednesday, December 19, 2012), Tassawur (Wednesday, July 18, 2012)