View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 19, 2012
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 176Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

rose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the rough

TEHRIK-I-DEOBAND (Apr 1866)

• Aligarh movement was cooperating with British
• Christians working to convert Muslims into Christianity
• Apr 1866 – Madrasah established at Deoband  2nd to Al Azhar Cairo
Founder  Haji M. Abid floated the idea  Collection of fund  Managing committee – Maulana M Qasim , Maulana Fazl ur Rehman, Maulana Zulfiqar, Maulana M Yaqoob  Maulana Shabir A Usmani taught
• Maulana M Qasim first principal  worked devotedly  Madrasah came to known as “Qasim al Uloom I Deoband”
• Madrasah followed Madrasah I Rahimia (Shah wali Ullah’s father) and British education system
• Produced  Shah Abdur Rahim, Ashraf Ali Thanvi, Rashid Ahmad Ganghoi, Maulana Mehmood ul Hassan

Political Services of Deoband

• Jamiat Ulama I Islam Thanvi group  lead by Ashraf Ali Thanvi, Shabir Ahmad Usmani  Muslim league
• Jamiat-ul-Ulema-i-Hind  Madni group  lead by Maulana Hussain Madani, Mufti Kafayat Ullah influenced by Abu-ul-Kalam Azad  Congress

Educational Services of Deoband

• A great religious Madrasah  2nd to Al Azhar
• Principals  Maulana M Qasim (1880)  Rashid Ahmad Ganghoi  Sheikh ul Hind M. Mehmood Ul Hassan.

Deoband and Aligarh

• Policy towards British
• Political role of Muslims
• Emphasizing area of education

Rapprochement with Aligarh

• Jamiat-ul-Ansar (1906) at Deoband  Sahibzada Aftab A Khan attended the meeting  Swap of education – religious and western
• Jamiat-i-Milia (1920)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rose_pak For This Useful Post:
rubaab awaan (Saturday, August 11, 2012), sameer chaudhry (Thursday, February 28, 2013), shahzadabdullah (Monday, October 15, 2012)