View Single Post
Old Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ali1984 is on a distinguished road

Dear mates you all have very good opinion regarding my job choice. as for as i myself concerned i think to switch over from cash to cash in other bank does not suit my ambition as i want to be in operation department. my experience is not that much so far as i have only 6 months experience and i want to shift to another bank in some other position and working in UBL will make me in a good position to offer my services. and other point i think that UBL have scarce staff number and thus have high hopes of promotions there. One of my friend was promoted to CSOM after 2 years after he was hired OCO in UBL. As JS bank is concerned i personally think that there will be no such chances of promotions to higher cadres in Operation Department. These are my personal views as i think in that way. You all guys are more experienced and Intellectuals as compare to my way of thinking. Just a day or two are there for me to decide..lets see..I really respect your comments my dear friends..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaryaab View Post
brothe i m also OCO in UBLand its now 8 mnths hav passed i m also MBA what u think about it after one year we r going to be permanent may b after that they treat us as csom or ct
Yes after one year they will will be get permanent as it was told to us in OCO training conducted in JULY in UBL STAFF COLLEGE ISLAMABAD. In past an OCO was getting permanent after 2 or 3 years but when OCO,s have started leaving the UBL for other banks in order to be a permanent employee there then UBL have revised the strategy of exploitation of labour force. Now after one year they give test and after passing it they get permanent seat there. As for as promotion is concerned it depends on the management if you are making error free transactions you have a higher chance of promotion to CSOM seat. I think after one year they will appoint you CT as you will be quite experienced at that stage. Just hope for the best.. Master qualification will also help you in attaining CSOM seat as they give weight age to the Higher Qualification..My friend with MBA degree is CSOM after 2 year of service as OCO..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadoon khan View Post
Dear Bro,

You must go for JS in order to get permanent slot and come on bank payroll as regular employee of bank management rather than on third party pay roll of UBL.Well apart from that as you have already worked in UBL cash seat so you may have very less work burden there in JS Bank i am sure!..

Regards
Yes you are right ...i am not a bank employee but we have been told that there is never a single example that UBL have ejected an OCO. They have made permanent all who wish to be there in UBL. This was told to us in Training by the Head Office Trainer. The authenticity of this info is out of my confirmation source...lets see what happens...You have also rightly stated that burden in UBL is too much as compare to other banks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadoon khan View Post
Dear Bro,

You must go for JS in order to get permanent slot and come on bank payroll as regular employee of bank management rather than on third party pay roll of UBL.Well apart from that as you have already worked in UBL cash seat so you may have very less work burden there in JS Bank i am sure!..

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahzadwaheed View Post
If you are being offered double salary then you should go. JS is nothing in front of UBL but double salary does matter plus work burden will be less as compare to UBL unless if they hire you in some big branch. In my branch, An OCO is being offered by Soneri Bank for 25000 with permanent slot and currently he is getting 20000 in UBL. He has spent 4 years in consumer department as recovery officer and 2 years in operations as OCO and i suggested him that he should not go in soneri only for 5 thousand up. I said that you have 4 years consumer experience and 2 years cash experience, you should either go for some better operations job like OM, CSR and better grade or salary should be at least 30000. And today he has decided that he should not leave UBL.
In your case if you have not much experience and JS is offering double salary then you should go.
Shahzad Bhai i have only 6 months experience. Would it not be better for me to be there in UBL and wait for some shift into Operation Department of the Bank.? or to shift to another bank in Operation Department if opportunity arises?