Thread: Tips
View Single Post
Old Wednesday, April 04, 2007
35th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: 4th position 2006

jahanzeb is on a distinguished road

My experience was kinda different from what i was expecting. I did some blunders which i thought would cost me dearly but obviously they haven't. I appeared in CSS 2006. I have scored 236 in the interview and i have been told that this is the highest score this year (for the interviews).

For the psychological test, my suggestion to u all is, take it easy. I totally agree with Clock. I havent had a govt job.

The first day of psychological test is all about writing. Just try to be yourself and do not try to project yourself as super human or something.
The second day involves group discussion, command task and an informal interview with the psychologists' panel. In the discussion, you do not have to take the initiative. You can listen to others and then speak. Try to be logical and do not speak for the sake of speaking. You can second your colleagues or differ from them. In the command task, use common sense, that's it. As clock said, initiate the meeting by saying something like " The reason i have called this meeting is cos we are facing a situation.....". Explain the situation and then start taking suggestions from your colleagues. One of'em would be noting down the minutes of meeting, take his feedback and then conclude. You may alter your conclusion if u r given a suggestion which sounds better than your own or you can stick to your original conclusion.
The psychologists observe your confidence and leadership qualities.

I have already explained details of my interview in another thread.

Regards
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to jahanzeb For This Useful Post:
amnatariqshah (Sunday, December 04, 2011), daredevil (Wednesday, October 26, 2011), Eager (Thursday, December 08, 2011), engr hayat (Monday, December 09, 2013), Faiza Rajput (Tuesday, February 21, 2017), game on (Thursday, February 02, 2012), hadia hassan (Sunday, October 16, 2016), Jalilkhan (Friday, December 02, 2011), Layth (Friday, March 03, 2017), Maria Farooq (Thursday, March 06, 2014), mehak Shahzad (Friday, August 02, 2019), Mujtaba Abbas (Wednesday, March 13, 2013), Ninety (Friday, September 30, 2016), prieti (Thursday, September 04, 2008), Ranjha M S (Sunday, October 07, 2012), SADIA SHAFIQ (Monday, October 10, 2011), Seemab (Wednesday, November 07, 2012), silza (Monday, December 15, 2014), srsydn (Wednesday, August 12, 2015)