View Single Post
Old Sunday, October 07, 2012

IFFAT AMBREEN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by candidguy View Post
Sorry I couldn't furnish you with reasons why I rate CSS better than PMS. The reasons for me are, first, promotion in CSS is twice as quick as PMS,second, CSS is national service whereas PMS, provincial. Besides, i've come to know by word of mouth that each and every group in CSS has some positives attached to it. Like DMG/PSP etc. might wield power, OMGians get promoted to Grade-18 within two years of their service. As is the case with postal. I heard someone say that postal group wallahs can give jobs/induct people upto grade-7 in their deptt.

To know more about PMS and CSS and to know which is better you might want to visit threads by the names 'css vs pms' and 'css or pms' on this forum.
As Candidguy have said that it is the matter of personal preferences to avail opportunity as PMS Officer or CSP, so i reserve the right of my opinion.
Yeah he is right that in CSS, promotion is much rapid rate than PMS. but in i think FSP,PSP,Custom, PAS, are better than PMS,otherwise PMS has superiority over all other groups.
yeah, promotion rate is far much better than PMS. at federal level a person can be promoted within 5 years, but it would take some 8-10 years to be promoted in next scale.
But if a person can not get allocation in FSP,PSP,or PAS then he should retain his position as PMS Officer.
Now the Punjab Govt has decided to promote all the section Officers in BPS 18, KPK govt has also decided to induct all section officers in BPS 18 from onward.
It is not that much bad group. Social recognition, which is an important factor in joining the civil service, can be observed in this group.
A person who is appointed as APA, AC would not prefer to join IRS, Information,Postal or Railway later on.
A group of 5-6 persons in our senior batch left judiciary and joined PMS cadre.
ashar (Monday, October 08, 2012), candidguy (Sunday, October 07, 2012), prestigious (Wednesday, October 10, 2012)