Thread: Vehicle of asp
View Single Post
Old Wednesday, October 24, 2012

talalz3 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahir asiif View Post
i can explain captain pakistan's point but it requires alot of time , at every stage the CSS OFFICER (PSP and DMG) is better than an engineer or an MBA etc.
1.Compare ASP with a fresh engineer.
2.SP and SSP with a 5-12 years experienced engineer.
3.DIG with a 17 year experienced engineer.
and last but most impressive.

Compare the perks of an engineer with an experience of 20-25 years with IG PUNJAB , DG FIA , both PSP officers.u are asking aboutr cars??/ just go and see when an IG moves, approx 30 vehicles are with him........what with an engineer???
Woh 30 vehicles us k apne nahi hote. Compare the vehicle he gets for personal use with the vehicle an executive gets. You will see the real picture. And keep in mind that to become an IG one has to suck up to a politician. However, in the corporate sector one can gain promotions on merit. (This also holds true to an extent for the civil service).
Don't compare the IG with an engineer with 25-30 years. Compare him to the chief executive of a major corporation. You will realize that his monthly salary alone can buy the 30 cars an IG never owns.
Now what other perks you want to compare? In this day and age, money buys everything. In fact many bureaucrats have been bought by wealthy people to grant them numerous favours. The power or prestige factor is to an extent still there but is nowhere near what our ancestors enjoyed before devolution.

You say that "at every stage a CSS officer is better placed than an engineer, MBA etc.". I highly doubt this. Believe me, many people in my family are buraucrats. At one stage they are Commissioners and CCPOs, while at one stage they are transferred to a remote station where they do not have any power or influence. Not even the vehicles you crave. I am not making this up. I am just stating what I have personally seen. While bureaucrats retire, most people forget who they were or what they had. The "30 vehicles" you speak of go away. The accomodation (if he even had any) is taken away. All he has to live on is a meagre pension in which he faces difficulty to make ends meet.
The Following User Says Thank You to talalz3 For This Useful Post:
Antalpur (Wednesday, October 24, 2012)