View Single Post
Old Tuesday, November 06, 2012
41st CTP (PAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 186, CE 2015 - Merit 9

out of place is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryam masood View Post
it includes when
1. Arabs tried to conquer the Subcontinent.
2. Hijaj bin yousaf decision to send his nephew Muhammad bin Qassim to sindh to punish the pirates and Raja Dahir and free the hostages.
3 .Establishment of the muslim govt and their attitudes towards the non muslim community.
4. arrival of dynasties and mughal empires and their attitudes towards public
5. contribution of saints in the society.
6. arrival of english , europeans, and pakistan movement ultimately pakistan.
this can be discuss in the paper.
I believe, in answering Q.2 of indo.pak I (2012) , one need not sail too far, so much so that one ends up outlining the whole course outline.. that is not needed.

I went about answering this question in the following way:
First, I highlighted that there are two schools of thought with regard to this question about the impact of arab conquest of Sindh. One section, led by lane poole, believes that it was only an episode, a triumph without result. However, there is another section of historians which believes in the huge magnitude of the impact that the conquest left on Sindh nay SouthAsia, as underscored in the question itself.
Having described this, i went on to discuss the extent to which the above proposition holds truth.
My conclusion was that truth ,as always, lies somewhere in the middle. It would be unfair to dismiss the Arab conquest of Sindh as inconsequential. It yielded a number of social, cultural,economic and intellectual results. Nevertheless, it would be equally misleading to exaggerate its importance. The real Muslim conquerors of India and hence South Asia came from central Asia and not Arab lands. Moreover, the actual conquest of India happened via khyber pass and not Sindh.
KamiWazir (Sunday, November 18, 2012)