View Single Post
Old Monday, November 12, 2012

Neeni is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddiqui88 View Post
Well attempted But I don't agree to the answer of first question. The writer's emphasis is on similarity between the two. I am quoting the excerpt here again:

"Human beings are afraid of death just as children feel afraid of darkness. The fear of darkness of kids increased by the stories of the heard ghosts and thieves. In the same way, the fear of human being is increased by the stories which they heard about the agony of dying man."

In first sentence writer is presenting an analogy between DEATH and DARKNESS,as well as between human beings' and the children's fear;both being the same.

So according to the writer there is no difference between the two.
The question is very tactically asked. Read between the lines.
First of all, i am grateful to you for spending out of your precious time for making comments. ....

So, can i draw the inference, as your comment suggests, that question may be misleading in the sense that paragraph given in comprehension may not contain the answers to all the questions.
for instance, In the above given case, instead of trying to find the difference, which is asked in first question, we may choose to deny the very existence of the difference. is it safe to reply this way? Thanks