View Single Post
Old Monday, November 12, 2012

Advocacy is on a distinguished road

As a general Gift is not completed only upon declaration by donor but it is completed upon its acceptance by donee along with delivery of possession.

The writer simply says that when a creditor (donor) discharges a debtor from his liability as a gift, such gift does not require acceptance by debtor (donee).

For example,

you owe Rs.100 to Mr. A.

Mr.A writes an email to you that I have gifted you that Rs.100 and you are no more liable to return me any debt. This is gift of debt and would result in release of debtor. Now if before receiving acceptance from you Mr. A try to cancel the gift on the ground that it is not yet completed owing to lack of acceptance, he cannot because such gift does not require acceptance.

According to writer such gift does not require acceptance of debtor and would be completed on the declaration of gift by creditor only. However, if the debtor do not like to accept it he may refuse it. Then it will become inoperative.

The language is very simple probably there is some typing error in the sentence hence it seems confusing.

By the way would you share the name of book , writer with edition and page where you have read it.

Please note , I don't know how far this rule of gift of debt without acceptance is authentic.