View Single Post
Old Sunday, November 25, 2012
41st CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 131

aminshah101 has a spectacular aura aboutaminshah101 has a spectacular aura aboutaminshah101 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs down Should go down if this is the case

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLUTION GEEK View Post
What will be the future prospects in omg after the recent establishment division's orders according to which officers from any occupational group even from provinces and private sector can join secretariat group (as a lateral entrant) in BPS 19 and above? Where should I place omg in my preference list of occupational groups now??
Someone told me that after the implementation of this policy, omg officers will not be able to jump to even BPS 19.
Well, OMG was never amongst my priority list but as one says, priority differs from person to person. Before taking into account what is written by you in your post, I can say that it was 5th of 6th priority of most of the people.

However, with this order, I believe promotion would slow down, which is the only positive thing in OMG in my opinion.

About your preference list, I would again say that depends on temperament. For me, OMG was never in preference list but I have decided to place it on 11th, as my aptitude and priorities are just the opposite of what is needed in Office Management Group.