View Single Post
Old Monday, November 26, 2012

shakilahmd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufaq Memon View Post
All the members are requested plz check my essay and comments, suggestions, weaknesses will be appreciated. The essay under discussion consists of outline and intoduction and rest of essay will be provided soon.

Corruption Culture in Pakistan

Outline
• Introduction
• Definition of corruption: It is misuse of power for the private/personal gain
Types of Corruption: Petty, Grand and Political
• Incidence of corruption: rare, widespread, systemic
Scenario of corruption in world in general and Pakistan in particular
• Corruption in Islamic teaching
• Quaid-i-Azam on corruption (Excellent)
• Causes of corruption
a. Dismal performance of Institutions
b. Poor governance
c. Lack of effective accountability (Excellent. You can write about Rule of Law as being weak and suggest Administrative Law or Provincial Ombudsman Later on)
d. Meager income
e. Lack of Transparency (Excellent)
• Impact of corruption
I. Deteriorate the quality of governance (But you have already mentioned we don't have a good governance.)
II. Moral degeneration
III. Shamble the economy i.e. increase poverty, inflation (Economy in shambles*)
IV. Injustice to people
V. Widening the gap between rich and poor
• Remedial Measures
i. Rule of law (I would suggest an administrative Law. It has been seen as more effective)
ii. Effective accountability
iii. Mass awareness (Nice)
iv. Adherence to Islamic principles
v. Role of transparency agencies
• Conclusion

Corruption is a scourge that has badly affected the quality of governance, state of the economy and social justice available to the people. Corruption is defined as the misuse of entrusted power for private gains. It is of different types. It is petty, grand and political. The petty corruption is usually linked with the lower salary employees and generally considered as facilitating payments, whereas, the grand corruption is associated with the high level bureaucracy. However, the political corruption as name indicates is related to the politician. They usually involve in this type corruption in order to maintain their status quo. The corruption varies in the rate of its presence, therefore in this regard the incidence of corruption may be rare, widespread or systemic. The rare corruption is easy to identify and control than widespread. Whereas, the systemic corruption becomes a way of life and it is very difficult to overcome. The corruption is universal, however, its existence varies in rate of occurrence. Since the inception of Pakistan, the country has witnessed of the rampant corruption. Many governments in general and the governments in decade of 1990 in particular has become the victim of the widespread corruption and corrupt practices. In a recent survey conducted by the Transparency International, Pakistan ranks lowered from 42th most corrupt country to 34th country in the world.
Islam explicitly condemns the existence of corruption in every form. Hazart Muhammad (PBUH) declared that;
"Damned is the bribe giver (or corruptor)-the bribe taker (the corrupted) and he who goes between them".
Quaid-i- Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah has strongly condemned the presence of corruption. He avowed a strict action against such mal practices and their doer.
The root causes of the rampant corruption in the country are lack of effective accountability, poor performance on the part of respective institutions, unchecked and unlimited power of feudal for vested interests. The presence of corruption and corrupt practices play a pivotal role to engender the deteriorate law and order, shackle the economy which leads to the inflation, unemployment and poverty in the country. Its presence distracts a man from ethics, humanely attitude, tradition and civic laws. The pervasive corruption in the country can be checked by applying certain measures. The government should ascertain the rule of law; it means equal application of law, equal protection by the law and equality before law, effective and impartial accountability, active role of media to eradicate the corruption are the few factors which can play an active to diminish the corruption.

Suggestions:

I have highlighted some of the points that i would rather not write. The reason being it says corruprion in pakistan, not corruption as expository. A simple definition at the start would be sufficient.

May be you can quote examples of corruption in judiciary, execcutive and legislature as examples. In a euphametic way that is.

Quote a few lines from Faiz Ahmed Faiz
Example : Nisar main teri Galion k aye watan k jahan
Chali hai rasam k koi na sir utha k chalay
And
Banay hain ahle hawas mudae bhe munsif bhe
Kisay wakeel karain kis say munsafi chahain

Best of Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shakilahmd For This Useful Post:
mudasr (Monday, November 26, 2012), Rahman Ullah khan (Sunday, January 10, 2016)