View Single Post
Old Friday, November 30, 2012

EXCLUSIVE is on a distinguished road

“When I look upon the tombs of the great, every emotion of envy dies in me; when I read the epitaphs of the beautiful, every inordinate desire goes out; when I meet with the grief of parents upon a tombstone, my heart melts with compassion; when I see the tombs of the parents themselves, I consider the vanity of grieving for those whom we must quickly follow; when I see kings lying by those who deposed them, when I consider rival wits placed side by side, or the men that divided the world with their contests and disputes, I reflect with sorrow and astonishment on the little competitions, factions, and debates of mankind. When I read the several dates of the tombs, of some that died yesterday, and some six hundred years ago, I consider that great Day when we shall all of us be contemporaries, and make our appearance together”

Jude the obscure by Thomas Hardy

Note: This is originally written by Joseph Addison but Thomas Hardy has used this extract in his novel Jude The Obscure.

Last edited by Amna; Saturday, December 01, 2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Correction .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EXCLUSIVE For This Useful Post:
BALOCHISTAN (Tuesday, December 11, 2012), courageneverdies (Tuesday, December 11, 2012), Farrah Zafar (Tuesday, December 04, 2012)