View Single Post
Old Saturday, December 08, 2012

Gulzar Ali is on a distinguished road
Default Lets prepare for HST/JST/PST (Written Test)

It is requested to all members who applied for these posts, should share test material that covers the areas of English/Basic Arithmetic/General Science/Pakistan Studies/Islamiat/Current Affair/General Knowledge/Sindhi.

Expected Test format/Pattern for English.

(1)Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate word, from the given lettered choices(A to D/E) below each.

(i).Are you afraid____________a dog?

A.by
B.with
C.at
D.of

(ii)If you____________early, you________the train.

A.left.......caught
B.leave......catch
C.Will leave.......catch
D.leave......will catch

(2) Choose the lettered word or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word in capital letter.

(i)TRAGEDY

A.hate
B.severity
C.luck
D.disaster

OR

(3)Choose the lettered word or phrase that is most similar in meaning to the word in capital letter.

(i)PLENTIFUL

A.abundant
B.obscure
C.unstable
D.reliable

(4)Following question are based on passage.
Organic architecture that is,natural architecture may be varied in concept and form but it is always faithful to principle. organic architecture rejects rules imposed by individual preference or mere aesthetics in order to remain true to the nature of the site,the materials,the purpose of the structure the people who will ultimately use it. If this natural principle is upheld, then bank cannot be built to look like a temple.Form does not follow function; from is inseparable from function.

(i) What is another name of organic architecture?

A.Natural architecture
B.Aesthetic architecture
C.Principal architecture
D.varied architecture.

Expected format/pattern for English portion.

(5) Five lettered pair (A to E) follow a related pair of words given in capitals. Select the lettered pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair in capital.

(i) BODYGUARD: PERSON::

A.police officer: traffic
B.teacher: pupil
C.mayor: city
D.secretary: office
E.soldier: country

(ii) WATER: SWIM::

A. grass: grow
B. knot: tie
C. plant: implement
D. flood: damage
E. snow:ski
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gulzar Ali For This Useful Post:
ahmad siddiqui (Friday, December 14, 2012), ainoo (Tuesday, December 18, 2012), Channafaheem (Sunday, January 20, 2013), Nasrullah (Sunday, December 09, 2012), Qazi (Friday, December 21, 2012)