View Single Post
Old Wednesday, June 01, 2005
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice
Arrow

Salaam,

Thankyou so much for your nice reply. But I think you missed some part of my query. I also asked for the flaws in the Policies.

Addition:
The definition of Official Poverty line in Pakistan is flawed. According to the worldwide definition, people who live on less than $1 a day are said to be below poverty line while the statistics achieved in Pakistan are based on surveys on household (family) basis. According to the Govt: if someone with a family of 5 is earning $1 or more than that a day, he is not considered poor. But in real sense he should only be considered well off if he earns atleast Rs. 9000/month (1$ = Rs. 60).

And if this case is considered... more than 70% of Pakistan will be considered poor.

I want you to provide me detailed analysis of the policies. Because you and I might have totally different ideas.

I will wait for your reply!

Regards,
Adil Memon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashifaslam
salam
according to my observation .. steps taken by govt. are

0.. defining the official poverty line for teh first time
1... SME'S ( small and medium enterprises)
2.. micro financing
3.. poverty alleviation fund
4.. several ongoing projects with assisatnce of world bank & asian dev. bank

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program