View Single Post
Old Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Waqas77 is on a distinguished road

change the narration from direct to indirect or indirect to direct speech

1). Our sociology professor said , ‘I expect you to be in class every day. Unexcused absences may affect your grades.’
Our sociology professor expected/advised us to be in class everyday as unexcused absences might affect our grades.

2). My father often told me , ‘every obstacle is a steppingstone to success. You should view problems in your life as opportunities to prove yourself.’
My father often advised me that every obstacle is a steppingstone to success.I should view problems in my life as opportunities to prove myself.

3). When tom asked Jack why he could’nt go to the game, Jack said he didn’t have enough money for a ticket.
Tom said to Jack, "Why can you not go to the game?" Jack replied, "I don't have enough money for a ticket"

4). When I asked the ticket seller if the concert was going to be rescheduled, she told me that she didn’t know and said that she just worked there.
I said to the ticket seller, "Is the concert going to be rescheduled ?" ; she replied, "I dont know.I just work here."

5). Ali said, ‘I must go to Lahore next week to visit my ailing mother.’
Ali decided/declared that he must go to Lahore the coming week to visit his ailing mother.
or
Ali intended/anticipated to go to Lahore the coming week for visiting his ailing mother.

6). The policeman told the pedestrian, ‘you mustn’t cross the road against the red light’
The policeman forbade the pedestrian to cross the road against the red light.

7). Ahmed asked if what I said was really true.
Ahmad said to me, "Is what you say really true?"

8). Sarah wanted to know where they would be tomorrow around three O’clock
Sarah said, "Tell me, Where will we be tomorrow around three O'clock?"

CORRECTIONS ARE WELCOMED.....!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waqas77 For This Useful Post:
awii (Monday, February 18, 2013), Farhan Aziz Tarar (Tuesday, February 19, 2013)