View Single Post
Old Monday, March 04, 2013

Chintoo2010 will become famous soon enough
Default CE- 2013 Chemistry Paper - I

Chemistry Paper - II 2013

Part-II

Q No. 2 (a) Why do we use the three p-orbitals (2Px, 2Py, 2Pz) alone to form the three equivalent hybrid Orbitals on Carbon? (5)

(b) Give an example of an element that undergoes sp-hybridization in forming covalent bonds with other elements. What is the value of angle between the bonds that result from s-sp overlap of atomic orbitals. (5)

(c) What do you mean by kuminiscence? What are its types? (10)

Q No. 3 (a) The rate constant of a reaction is 1.2 x 10^-3 per second at 30 degree centigrade and 2.1 x 10^-3 at 40 degree centigrade. Calculate the energy of activation of the reaction. (10)

(b) What is E/Z system of configuration. Why it is preferred over cos/trans system of nomenclature in alkenes? (10)

Q No. 4 (a) Arrange the following functional groups in increasing order of stability of carbocation? (CH3)3C+, CH3+, CH3CH2+, CH=CH-CH2+, C6H5CH2+, (CH3)2CH+ (5)

(b) How can we prepare an aldehyde by following reactions. Gove atleast ONE representative example for each of these reactions. (10)

(i) Oxidation of Primary and Secondary Alcohol
(ii) Friedel Crafts Acylation
(III) Hydration of Alkynes
(iv) Glycol Cleavage

(c) Draw the structure of the following componds: (5)

i benzyl alcohol
ii 3-pentanol
iii 2,3-dihydroxyhexane
iv 2-sulhydrylbutane
v 3-pentanethiol

Q No. 5 (a) What are drying oils. For what purpose they are used? (10)
(b) How can you differentiate between trans-unsaturated and cis-unsaturated fatty acids. Which are more hazarduous to health? Explain with the help of example.(10)

Q No. 6 (a) Give atleast one representative example of the following reactions. (10)

i Termination Reaction
ii Disproportionate Reaction
iii Addition Polymerization
iv Friedel Crafts Alkylation
v Clasien Condensation
(b) What do you mean by gels? How are they classified? (10)

Q No. 7 (a) What are applications of colloids? (10)
(b) What are the applications of emulsions? Also give the harmdul effects of emulsions? (10)

Q No 8 Name the following structures:-

(I will try to attach, please)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chintoo2010 For This Useful Post:
Engr zaji (Saturday, June 06, 2015), Muhammad T S Awan (Saturday, March 09, 2013), nafees khattak (Monday, March 04, 2013)