View Single Post
Old Thursday, March 28, 2013

Aimen khakwani is on a distinguished road

Hello Sir Wassi. Please check my essay and pinpoint my mistakes and plz comment on the sequence of my essay as well as on the introduction. I shall be very thankful to you.

Growing Population is a threat to stable and prosperous Pakistan.

1- Introduction.

2- Facts about population explosion
a- Global Facts
b- Regional Facts
c- Local Facts.

3- Causes of Growth in Population:
a- Lack of seriousness of politicians to address the sensitive issue.
b- Desire of male child.
c- Misrepresentation of Islamic teachings.
d- Illiteracy.
e-Increase in birth rate and decrease in death rate due to advacement in science.
f- Conservative attitude towards Contraceptives.

4- Implications of Population bomb :-
a-Pressure on land.
b-Double digit Inflation rate.
c- Unemployment.
d- Sub standard of living.
e- Poor management.
f- Increase in illiteracy rate.
g- Increase in Crime rates.
h- Environmental degradation.

5- Suggestions to Cope the hazards of population explosion:-

a- Govt should make efforts to control population.
b- Ulemas should issue fatwas that family planning programs are not against Islam.
c- Campaigns should be arranged to aware the common man.
d- Encourage the woman to use birth control pills.

6- Conclusion.

Introduction :-

Population Explosion is nothing but a curse which is damaging the development of a country. Rapid Growth in population is a threat to a stable and a prosperous Pakistan. Population is considered as an asset but it tends to be a burden when it increases exponentially. Population in Pakistan is increasing at a rate of 2.57 percent per annum. Pakistan is experiencing an unwanted growth. The chief factor behind population explosion is the non seriousness of politicians to comprehend the serious implications of growing population. The desire of a male child,misrepresentation of Islamic teachings and lack of awareness among society are important factors that are leading towards explosion of population bomb. There are serious implications of rapid growth of population. It affects the socioeconomic conditions of the country. Unemployment,inflation,sub-substandard of living and environmental degradation are the outcomes of exponential growth of population. It is the need of hour that govt should take concrete steps to address the serious threat that is hurdle in the growth of a country. Only sincere and dedicated efforts are needed to overcome the dragon of overpopulation.