Thread: Rabia Khan(CS)
View Single Post
Old Saturday, November 19, 2005

Umar Hayat is on a distinguished road

Suggestions for computer science subject[U]
Assalam-o-Alaikum,
I m writing this for all the aspirants of computer science subject in CSS. I would like to tell u that I have my masters in computer science and currently studying in Ph.D in this subject and also an aspirant of CSS. But i want to tell u that even having strong background in this subject, I am not going to opt it bcoz of the following reasons.

1- Paper contains three sections, and each section in the course outline constitutes three to four areas(branches) of computer science. So, it means u cannot omit any area while studying this subject if u want to prepare all the sections.

2- If we have a look upon its course, it seems to be of 300 marks(in comparison with other subjects) but it weighs only 100 marks.

3- In previous papers, we see that some sort of algorithms and programs in C (from the areas of Data structures, algorithms and programming)can be asked to design on the spot, which is difficult to handle as in real world we can check its errors on computer but in paper its not easy.

4- It takes time to cover it according to paper style(as candidate has to write theory)

5- Last but no least, If u have lesser time and have a sound background knowledge in this subject, do opt it (as it can give u marks near 60 upon the basis of ur previous knowledge), but on the other hand if u demand more score it will require hard job to prepare.