View Single Post
Old Saturday, April 13, 2013
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2012- Roll No 1988Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: SPSC CCE 2013 - Merit 49 (ETO) BPS-17

Thanked 1,546 Times in 864 Posts
Ali Mallah is a splendid one to beholdAli Mallah is a splendid one to beholdAli Mallah is a splendid one to beholdAli Mallah is a splendid one to beholdAli Mallah is a splendid one to beholdAli Mallah is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddiqui88 View Post
My interview was somewhat in reverse order they started from opinion and ended at my personal areas, and chairman was the last one to ask questions.
They asked questions from my personal performa, optional, masters degree, profession and favourite personality. No question was there from current affairs.

Mr. Naguib Ullah:
Why do you want to join civil services?
Do you think you have the skills which are needed for civil service?
DMG is your first preference? Why DMG?
What kind of reforms will you suggest for bureaucracy?

Mr. Mansoor Sohail:
Being a student of literature I expect from you analysis?What are your views about Usama Bin Laden?
I said there are two aspects if we come to analyze it. If we look upon 90s he was the same person who was being idealized and projected as being a hero waging Jehaad then came 9/11 and whole scenario got changed and he was termed to be a terrorist.
How it all got changed?
I said it was mainly by propaganda propagated by West because most of the information we got about him was via Western media sources.
You mean to say he was a good person but misunderstood and misrepresented?
I said No, I do not idealize him. Further discussion on it, he asked time and again whats bottom line and whats my personal assessment of him and avoided giving him a label, I tried to be in mid between, he said all the world is unanimous, its proven that he was a terrorist.Is he right? Are the people who are following him justified and right?
I said in my opinion if a person either he is Bin Laden or anyone else has an objective to serve Islam and his ways and ends are as per Islamic teachings he is right, but terrorizing and attacking people and civilians on the name of Islam, is certainly not a service to Islam.( again I didn’t ended up giving him a certain label of being a terrorist or hero. I don’t know this approach was right or wrong)
Phir unho nay thak haar k topic e change ker dia

Ok.You have done masters in English Literature?
Among Shakespeare’s tragedy which one you like the most?
What is the theme of Hamlet?
What was the tragic flaw of hero?
Which thing inspired you most in Hamlet?

Ma’am Batool Qureshi:
Naila if you are to write research papers or nay analytical work what type of measures will you suggest to improve education system?
I mentioned more budgetary allocation, better infrastructure, assessment, curriculum, and most of all I asserted that procedure of teacher’s recruitment should be changed, instead of hiring teachers only on basis of academic record, assessment of their aptitude and teaching abilities should be made so that they could deliver better.
Do we need to spend more on primary education? Secondary? or higher?
Where do you live? its a village, town or city?
What flaws you observed in educational institutes? ( she asked this probably looking at my autobiography)
Can students influence the teachers?

What was “Jasmine Revolution”? (she asked this question from my personality traits Performa where I had mentioned Tawakul Karman as my favourite personality who led the Jasmine Revolution)
Will you lead a revolution?
I was thinking what should I answer then with a smile she said:
You can bring a revolution in education?

Chairman:
Novel writing is you hobby?
When did you write? Was it published?
How was the response of the audience?
Then why did not you write further?
You should have written. You should carry on it further.

British History was your optional?
What is Magna Carta? What was its effect? Does it ended monarchy? How did people’s will become supreme?

I said Magna Carta brought slight change but it was a harbinger which asserted human rights against Monarchs discretionary powers, parliament’s will was asserted through glorious revolution. He then asked about time span between the both and said why it took centuries for change to come. I said British democratic progress was evolutionary in essence, institutions progressed slowly, covering flaws that was indigenous that’s why they got strengthened.

He then thanked me, greeted a good day and said it was nice, good luck

Please comment
Hmm This interview is quite mixture of all things, and your performance seems to be comendable. The Panel might wanted a change in interview pattern in your turn because they may have becomed bored by following similar inteview lines. Wish you all the best for your allocation in higher groups.
siddiqui88 (Sunday, April 14, 2013)