View Single Post
Old Monday, April 15, 2013
PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: PMS -  Merti 5

kal3m will become famous soon enoughkal3m will become famous soon enough

In 2012 I bought almost all available notes of my subjects compiled by KIPS and TOPPERS from the photocopy shop of PU hostel, I will say those were not updated and fresh, students or owner of the shop only place those notes after the exams, so for coming year preparation those notes are of no use, yet notes of some subjects could be helpful i.e Most of the optional subjects, as the syllabus remains the same of those subjects, and of EDS, Islamiat. English essay notes could only help in creating and developing a skill of writing an essay, as you will analyse and observe several methods of essay writing in those Essay notes. Rest you will have to update yourself for an Essay. In current affairs and Pak affairs story goes the same, You must have fresh information regarding current issues, international or national.

2ndly Essay notes which I bought from that shop, most of the essays were written by the respective academy's students and were checked by the teachers. Though some of them were written by teachers too.

I would like to share my experience too, it might help the new aspirants. In KIPS academy there is a trend of publishing notes periodically, by taging them like Golden series, platinum series etc to attract more and more students and they only offer these notes to their students. These notes are somehow helpful for those students who can not get enough time to explore internet. Last year I also managed to get platinum series of Essay and Current affairs. Here are my humble observations.

Essay: material was good but needed enhancement, subject oriented, well cohesive and compiled. But figures were mostly wrong.

Current Affairs: Most of the issues were completely copied from wikipedia, though the source is not dubious but in my humble opnion it should be not a way to charge the students. anyhow even in one topic regarding Arab Spring the reference numbers were also hanging on the words and sentences same like wikipedia.

So, if anyone who do not have enough time to search the topics on internet and compile them on paper but has a source to get these periodical notes from these academies, they would be helpful to him or her but should cross read the facts and figures.

Regards
Lonely birdx (Wednesday, April 24, 2013), MUZAFFAR MAHMOOD (Wednesday, April 17, 2013), sonia5 (Tuesday, April 23, 2013)