View Single Post
Old Thursday, April 25, 2013
41st CTP (FSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 101, CE 2013 - Merit 16

mechrose37 has a spectacular aura aboutmechrose37 has a spectacular aura about

Salam ,
Today was the last day of Islamabad Phase II and I was last candidate to be interviewed by worthy panel.Interview was based upon opinions and it lasted for 40 minutes approximately. I entered at 3:30 and came out at 4:10.Prior to me 9 candidates had been interviewed.
I entered the room and Chairman Sb greeted me smilingly and asked me to sit:
Chairman Sb:-

1.You are serving in Dewan Petroleum now ?
Me; No sir,i am serving in XXXXXXX which is a strategic organisation.
2.Where are you posted then ?
Me: Sir I am posted in Islamabad.
2.So far as I know officers of XXXXXX are scattered all around Pakistan,so why this preferential treatment with you ?
Me;.Sir,my work nature demands me to remain in Islamabad.
4.So you are not working on classified projects ?
me; Yes Sir,I am not.
5.Chairman Sb smilingly ,thanks God we are save then,
6.What shall be your road map if you are asked to privatize railway ?
me:- Sir I am supporter of restructuring and I think restructuring and over hauling is far more effective than privatizing.
7.Ok how shall you proceed then.
me:- Sir my first concern shall be to purge railways from all political appointees and remove people in over staffed departments.
8.Oh No,people shall come on road.What shall be your reaction if people are fired from your organisation.
me;My organisation is generating profit while railways is in loss,so we'll have to take some painful decision for recovery.
9-Ok and whats more ?
me; Sir I shall make sure that existing resources are maintained, engines are run on steam instead of furnace oil.
10-world has left behind steam and we are stuck to it ???
me:-But sir our import bill is $ 14 billion and we shall have to switch to less expensive fuels to run it.
11-Will you prefer goods or passengers?
me;sir I shall prefer passengers.(that was a mistake)
12;Goods bring more money and passengers are not that able to generate revenue .
me;right sir.

Ghalib Sb
13.Any idea about NLC profiteering ?
me;no sir
14;Your organisation is making profit.Where does it go ?
Me;Sir it goes to State.
15;No it does'nt.It goes to their private account.FWO had built roads in Iraq and not even a single penny has been given to State.All that is earned goes to their private account.Isn't it unfair ?Me;Sir its truly unfair.All that is earned in the name of state should go to State treasury.
16;How much profit your organisation makes ?
Me;It is classified Sir.I do not have access to it.
There was a burst of laughter and Chairman,laughing now, praised me that it was excellent answer.
17;What does SUPARCO do ?
Me.It is concerned with research in upper space and atmosphere,deals with weather reports and give estimation of crops production every year.

Madam Batool

18.How can we improve governance issue ?
Me;SECP had laid out comprehensive governance rules like meeting international transparency standard,periodic performance evaluation,competent board of governance and and end to political influence.
19.Do you think that civil service is working to its best ?
Me;No madam,this is not so.They shall have to be given security.Judges,Police and Administration officers cannot bring culprits to justice as they fear life threats.Salraies are meager and corruption and nepotism has weakened our structure.We shall have to strengthen writ of State as unlawful elements have become more powerful than State.
20.But salaries have been increased so much ?
Me;Yes they been but rising inflation and high prices of commodities has practically nullified this rise.Unless prices are stable,rise in salaries shall not bear fruit.
21.And how can we establish the writ of State ?
It can be done by State itself.No external agent can do so.We shall have to make State stronger than its subjects.
22.Tell me how to improve economy ?
By effecting structural changes.Every new regime has to approach IMF for bail out.IMF should be a momentary solution not permanent but we have rather placed it as our permanent key of our solutions.Tax net had to be expanded and new export markets shall have to explored and penetrated.
23.IS this govt.approaching IMF ?
Yes madam,talks for 5 Bn dollar loan are underway
24.And we shall have to find out a last solution for energy crisis.
Me;of course madam.

Naguib Ullah Malik Sb
25.Lets talk about your book History of God by Karen Armstrong
And then began a long and interesting discussion about various chapters of books and concept of God in pagans, Christianity,Judaism .He also asked about Russel and Einstein’s concept of God,about Karen Armstrong beliefs.The questions he asked were about 10.Since I had read the book twice,therefore I faced no problem in answering his penetrating though interesting questions.Atheism,agnosticism,spirituality,Rome,Gr eek,Hinduism,my own concept of God were discussed in detail.He had read this book and was kind enough to add to my knowledge.While discussing attributes of God,His immanence, transcendence ,he told me that Sura Al Rehman is all about Divine attributes.
He seemed quite satisfied and he told me that rarely does he discuss books of candidates and specially the book like this.He added that it was a difficult book and he was happy to discuss it with me.
I was elated as Naguib sahib appears to have a mastery over theology and religion and I,my self thoroughly enjoyed discourse with him.
Mansoor Suhail Sb
26.With a big smile;Gentleman,you have discussed a lot about heavenly things.Should not we discuss some mundane affairs ?
Me.Of course sir.
27.What is your idea about Mian Nawaz two governments? What was difference between two ?
Me.Mian Sbs first govt was raised to counter PPP and mian sb could not work freely in the beginning but in second government,he found himself confident and independent.
28.Why did he find himself so ?
Me.Due to experience,he knew that he cannot enjoy constitutional authority and power unless he maight surmount the invisible barriers raised by establishment.
29.Was this confident result of heavy mandate ?
Me;Yes sir,he won mandate from whole of Pakistan.
30.You have referred to establishment,what is it ?
Me.(That was a tricky question and I regained my breath and mustered my courage and recollected my thoughts as it was quite a controversial topic)
After a brief pause, I answered that establishment is a powerful group of people having representation in judiciary,media,and military.Their designs run opposite to the designs of rest of country and there interest is best served by coup d’etat instead of democracy.And establishment has placed hurdles in the path of democracy in the past.
31.Tell me about role of judiciary in present era ?
Me;Ever since the beginning of our political process,power was firmly wielded by a establishment.However,after the rise of vociferous media and civil society,powers that be had to relinquish their power.It resulted in the competition between judiciary,legislature and media to have their share in that power.Now media and judiciary have till now seized this power.But this newly won freedom of judiciary demands experience.Experience shall come through a long democratic process.Only through experience judiciary shall learn which things are to be highlighted and which not.Let the democratic process continue.We are passing through a transition period and once the dust is settled,a unstoppable democratic process shall teach each institution to exercise power in larger interest of State.
We need check and balance everywhere.Should such things exist in judiciary as well ?
Me.Sir we cannot impose any external check and balance on judiciary.We shall have to let democracy flourish and then judiciary shall evole its own check and balance which be self imposed by her on herself.Any effort to place external checks will compromise judiciary’s freedom and leave it stagnated and decayed.
While Chairman was now saying me Good Bye and wishing me a good day,Naguib ullah sb entered in discussion and asked as to from where I read the definition of establishment .I answered that I read in a newspaper.Malik sb told me that this definition is Pakistan centric and it was published in The News and Nation many years ago.He told me that definition holds good from 1985 to 2007.But now establishment comprises of media and judiciary while previously it comprised of army,political parties apart from previous two.He informed that establishment is a group of elite ,an oligarchy to control the course of country’s advancement .He further asked me to read Anjum Niaz column published in The News as well.
I thanked him again.
Chairman smilingly bade me good bye and wished me a good day and I came out perspiring profusely.
This is how it all went.Prayers required.
Best Regards
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mechrose37 For This Useful Post:
alishahid (Thursday, April 25, 2013), Daisy (Thursday, April 25, 2013), Farah Rasheed (Saturday, April 27, 2013), Ranjha M S (Sunday, April 28, 2013), Seemab (Friday, April 26, 2013), siddiqui88 (Friday, April 26, 2013), silent roar (Friday, April 26, 2013)