View Single Post
Old Tuesday, April 30, 2013
41st CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 131

aminshah101 has a spectacular aura aboutaminshah101 has a spectacular aura aboutaminshah101 has a spectacular aura about
Default Urgent Query: MLCG vs IRS: The journey to Grade 19

Aoa,

Hope everyone is doing good. My interview is on 2nd May 2013. I have filled the Final Preference Forms and I decided to go with the following priorities.

1. PAS
2. PSP
3. FSP
4. PCS
5. IRS
6. CTG
7. MLCG
8. PAAS
9. OMG
10. Postal
11. Railways
12. Info

The rationale for this priority set was not Promotion but in the order of diversity, exposure, peace of mind, and of course, image of an officer in office as well as in society.

In Grade 19, normally every officer gets basic facilities like house, car etc. But is the journey to Grade 19 during Grade 17 and 18 that makes the difference.

A friend of mine has said that in this respect, I have put IRS on the wrong side. The officer does not have any office, any car and at many places, not even an attendant in Grade 17 and 18. A cabin seating just like in any Private Company. He does most of his tasks as an Officer in a Commercial bank does.

He suggested that I should have swapped IRS with MLCG with CTG lying at the existing 6th spot. However, I am of the opinion that my current priorities justify my stance.

So my senior fellows, what should I do? Should I swap these 2 or not? What my friend said about IRS is true or not? Please reply urgently as I dont have much time at my disposal....