View Single Post
Old Friday, May 31, 2013

mystic is on a distinguished road

Ednan, I have lodged my complaint with federal ombudsman and what more I have written a letter today to Dawn in which while requesting the authorities concerned I requested salman farouqi directly to take notice.
Here is my letter at the end of this post.
Whatever Desire said is absolutely correct. FPSC works independently and they have their own lawyer to defend it from criticisms raised against the commission.
I request Desire to keep visiting this thread regularly and keep enlightening us and guiding us.
My letter is here. I request all to write similar letters and send to: Letters@dawn.com, editorial@Pakistantoday.com.pk, letters@dailytimes.com.pk, editor@paktribune.com, news.post@thenews.com.pk, and other addresses if you know.

Letter:
I cent per cent agree with Dr. Amer Jamil's revolutionary idea (Some Suggestions, published 31st May 2013, Dawn) that the qualification criterion for sitting the CSS exam must be changed. It is as much ironic as it is pathetic that anyone with a bachelor's degree can join civil service of Pakistan by taking the CSS exam while those who are highly qualified and are holding higher professional degrees are denied the opportunity under the pretext of age limit. The requirement of only a bachelor's degree for the CSS exam is in fact stopping students from acquiring further education in our country where already the literacy rate is biting the dust. FPSC has admitted in its annual reports that they have failed in attracting the cream, the top brass students from the universities most of whom opt to leave for abroad in search of better options. Few years back FPSC's research director Mian Muhammad Sarwar after a thorough academic research had announced the intention of the Commission to enhance the qualification criterion for CSS exam from bachelors to at least 16 years education with accompanying 5 years general age relaxation. He announced the good news while addressing a gathering in Faisalabad university. I don't know who silenced him afterwards. There seems to be a powerful, anti-Pakistan lobby in action against the reforms in Civil service of Pakistan so to keep us bound to the lasting remnants of the British Raj for centuries to come. It is time to think out of the box and take radical steps while reforming and modernizing the civil service of Pakistan. I request the authorities concerned, especially the Federal Ombudsman Mr. Salman Faruoqi to investigate into the matter and enhance the qualification criterion in the CSS exam so that better, more competent, more professional candidates can join the bureaucratic set up of their country.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mystic For This Useful Post:
bathoor (Saturday, June 01, 2013), Ednan (Saturday, June 01, 2013), Qaisar Jamshed (Friday, May 31, 2013), xzzlingsidd (Saturday, June 01, 2013)