View Single Post
Old Wednesday, March 16, 2005

safi_khan is on a distinguished road
Default Css 2004

Assalam o Alaikum.

First of all i would like to put forward my congratulations to the administrator for lauching such a comprehensive and informative forum . This forum would offcourse benefit its members more than their expectations. secondly i would like to request the exisiting members of other forums ( helping souls like tabassum shabhir ) to furthrer benefit the aspirants through this plateform.

Now coming to the business, CSS 2004. Css 2004 was equally an interesting and horrific experience for me. The craze of css started haunting me in a devouring fashion since the day i bought my first book which was none other than css compulsory papers and guideline. gradually i started collecting the relevent material . Luckily i come across a helping soul, one of realative ( Yahya akhunzada) from the old forum who helped me a great deal in deciding about my optionals. I pulled my socks having nothing else in mind than keeping myself at the top of the list. i never gave me a second chance and thought that after burning all my boats i would never think of repeating the examination.

The preparation saga went on. sometimes i used to get too confused about the completion of all the subjects. course was quite lenghty and to study all the material especially political science seemed too challenging. however exams approached nearer and nearer and i tried to boostup. And finally the day arrived, the dooms day for me infact, the day i took my first paper. i started up with plularistic vision of islam. then i corssed after going through a suffient length and began, a long dispute means that both the parties are wrong, notwitstanding the fact that it was a quotational essay and enclosed in quotation marks. i thought i have done suffienct justice to the topic. however i was quite satisfied with my essay. then came the second paper which really drove me nutzz and i had no option but to dabbe my sweaty forhead and take quite so often a half glass of water insufficient to quinch my thirst( infact confusion). i was forced to turn the page often to see the hell difficult vocabulary question. i was sure onlyabout the meanings of three words . Rest , i didnt even have a hunch of what was lying in front of my eyes in the form of words with multiple choices. Being too dejected i returned back home as the first day of css was no way like i had thought of. It became quite evidint that why people say that css is not merely a preparation game but also a nerves game. Rest of the examination didnt feel too difficult except political science paper 2 where the confustion regarding objective portion, at least for me was unmanagable.

Today i will make a few confessions that i was too shy previously to make in front of my parents and friends. i was very confident about my english written expression. Previously i wrote an essay on human rights voilations in jammu and kashmir and to my surprise i was awarded with second prise. i paid no heed to the suggestions of my father who continuously asked me to practise essay at least thrice a week. Instead of writting three essays a week i just wrote three essays till my examination right from the day one. and about english i thought, Ahh english , thats reallly a childs play. English is quite native for Pakistanis as we have been studying it since our childhood. Alas i couldnt realise the utility of the phrase that practice makes a man perfect. i took optionals too serious as compared to comulsory. the result was abvious, i secured only 28 in essay . yet i was able to score 51 in english . pak affairs marks shocked me a great deal as they were just 42. only and only islamiat went according to my expectations ie 68.

By having a elaboration of the above facts i just wanted to convey to the aspirants not to think that they can get through any subject without required preparation. English, essay, Islamiat, Pak affirs, Everyday science and current affairs seem too easy and less time consuming than more technical optionals. still everyone knows that they r the culprits and only these subjects have the tendency to cripple a candidate from touching the hight of their aspirations.

Do not give a second chance to yourselves. Its too difficult to glean up all the utilized energy for the second time and sit for studies with the same zeal and determination. At the end i would pray for u all including myself. May Allah Bless u all.

Wassalam.
Safi ullah khan
Peshawar.

Last edited by Argus; Thursday, February 09, 2006 at 01:56 PM.