Thread: CSS Top 10
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Administrator

Thanked 2,445 Times in 282 Posts
Argus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Malik Qamar Abbas Khokher,6th position,CSS 2003 exam

Respected Competitors!!

Assalam-o-alaikum! I just wanted to share my expeience regarding the selection of subjects. I gave my first&last attempt in the year 2003,got 6th position and was over-all second in the written test by securing 774. While selecting the subjects,one should keep the following factors in mind:

1. Luck is undoubtedly the most important factor as has been suggested by Adeel Shah. THe same subject in which you secure around 70 marks in 1st attempt can get flunked in the very next.

2. Having a background in a subject does not matter at all. I never studied Public Administration, Journalism, Sociology, International Relations in my whole life b4 appearing in CSS,BUT,ALL THESE SUBJECTS GAVE ME EXCELLENT MARKS.

Soc-64,Jour-65,IR-69,Pub Ad-68.

3. The trend of high score and low score keeps on changing.In my attempt,Eng Lit gave the worst score(I havent heard about a person who got more than 107).But in the year 2004,the same subject gave excellent score and helped a lot of my friends in getting their allocations. So,one must be very vigilant of the latest trends in marking by keeping oneself abreast of the latest scores in a subject.

4. If you are a masters in Business Administration,it doesnt entitle you to opt for B Ad compulsarily. I had a masters in Eng Lit but i opted for Urdu Lit even though my seniors tried vehemently to deter me from committing that "grave mistake". But ,by the grace of God,my selection rewarded me a lot.

Academy Subjects

1.Economics (Beware of the cynical but very sweet teacher)

2.Govt. Functioning(Where everything will be discussed except the functions of the government)

3.National Issues of Pakistan(Get prepared for another aeries of lectures on Pakistan Studies)

4.Contemporary Issues and Islam (There will be nothing "CONTEMPORARY")

5.Communication Skills(a SUBJECT DESIGNED ONLY FOR GIRLS AND GUPPSHUP)

6.Computers (Pray that you get some good teacher)

7.Public Speaking(a subject for making many OFFICERS embarrassed)

8.Office Management and Procedures(a very important but at the same time, an extremely boring subject)

9.Public Sector Finance(Koi batlayey ke hum batlaen kia!!)

10.Public Sector Management

11.Syndicate Work(in which the probationers will be divided in groups of twenty.There will be a President and a Secretary of the SNDCT.Please dont try to be one of them as the whole workload will be shifted on your head as the time of presentation would get closer.

Please strike a balance between fun and studies.Total fun placed me at 66 in the merit list of the Academics....a fall from 6th in CSS...

Malik Qamar Abbas Khokher (FSP)
(Thanx Brother)

Last edited by Argus; Tuesday, November 22, 2005 at 08:12 PM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Argus For This Useful Post:
Ali Sulehri (Friday, September 27, 2013), Amina Gilaani (Tuesday, December 31, 2013), Erum Qureshi (Saturday, December 08, 2012), hira imam rizvi (Thursday, March 12, 2009), Hira Jamal (Sunday, October 09, 2011), Invincible Spirit (Tuesday, July 01, 2014), Khadeejah (Sunday, September 21, 2014), Mudassar Rehman (Saturday, June 03, 2017), MuhammadAliSubhani (Sunday, July 29, 2012), RJ STYLE (Wednesday, December 11, 2013), saba zahid (Wednesday, March 14, 2018), SADIA SHAFIQ (Saturday, October 22, 2011), Saladin (Saturday, October 22, 2011), wicky888 (Tuesday, November 12, 2013)