View Single Post
Old Sunday, June 16, 2013
41st CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 131

aminshah101 has a spectacular aura aboutaminshah101 has a spectacular aura aboutaminshah101 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xing Lee View Post
All of the above is true. That is the reason I'm not going to join any other service if I don't get my first preference i.e. FSP. I have a professional CS degree and will try to gather my rizq from that source instead of civil services.

I know I wasn't of any help but I wanted to point this out so that new aspirants can make up their minds on what they want to achieve out of CSS.

Good luck with your future endeavors.
Well dear, I am currently at a miserable 33k salary with no other facility except Medical Cover. That's it. If the hiring via surrender of House Rent is there, the pay indirectly crosses 45000 insn't it?. But again, it all depends on the environment, authority and other related factors.

By the way, FSP is not that highly paid either. Story would be more or less the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnImaginable View Post
What you have heard is true. Hiring means that Government pays for your house rent to your land lord. You will not get your house rent allowance which is the amount you mentioned. Hiring differs from scale to scale...A BS-17 Officer gets around 15,000 of house rent. I am not confirmed about the exact amount but it is more than 12,000. My father is an OMG officer of Grade 20. An offical car is available but accommodation is the big problem. Hiring is around 20,000. So, in the end you will have to pay form your own pocket because the house rents are far more than the hiring.
While in service you apply for the hiring facility. Your house will be checked by the officials to confirm whether it has the required covered area for your grade.
Thats it.
Well, my father was from DMG and is retired now. The picture that he posed to me about OMG was more or less same as what you have said to me.

I need to know whether everyone who applies for hiring gets it or is it applicable to few Privileged People???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
My dear, to go on deputations you need strong links and contacts. Take home salary is around 35000. Thats it, no other facilities. For a bright future, earn a foreign degree on government's expense, resign and move to greener pastures.

Truth is often hard to swallow, but if I had painted a rosy picture then you people will be shocked when you see the reality yourself, so its better to make the right decision. And yes Postal and Railways are much better in the shorter run. All the best
Hmmm.... Thanks sir. Let's see where do we land up. What's the work environment of OMG as an SO by the way? Grade 19 onwards to I believe it would be same across the board. But I need to know about 17 & 18 grades.