View Single Post
Old Friday, June 21, 2013
41st CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 131

aminshah101 has a spectacular aura aboutaminshah101 has a spectacular aura aboutaminshah101 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr adnan rana View Post
For the general information i must add few points here

1. All FBR emplyees i.e. Customs(now called as Customs Service Of Pakistan, CSP) IRS get Double Salary as Performance Allowance starting from Grade 17.
2. As a general trend of preferences upto 40th CTP, Customs was either 2nd preference or the 3rd preference of the people who got allocated in Customs.You can yourself confirm from all previous allocations
3. Accommodation in Customs is an issue but vehicle is not...
About your 3rd point I know that.

And the other 2 points are also useful piece of information. Well, I wonder that in that case, why people equate IRS with Customs? Coz if Customs Service of Pakistan too has double pay from the start, then it should be ranked higher than IRS.

However what I have inferred from people on this forum as well as in my external life, the situation is otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
Surviving in Islamabad is possible (with low salary) if you people bring yourself to the status of a common man.

-Travel in public transport

- Dont live in a posh area

-have your own arrangement of cooking

-Spend weekend at your native town

-Do shopping from Rawalpindi

- if you are single hire a room near office instead of full house

(If u can do all this, you can survive. My experience)
Nice tips. Might require them next year .

Waise to I have stayed there in hostel during my University life but that was an entirely different ball game.