View Single Post
Old Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2012 Roll no. 10987 Merit 101

Psycho Empire will become famous soon enough

Sadia:
You know what's the biggest problem with writing? It's that one can't just start it. A little bit of English that I know is the result of my reading habit that I developed in childhood. But the problem is that I never write. Back in school, till 12th grade, all we did was cramming. Even crammed English essays like " ma favourite bla bla bla". Then being trained as an engineer I wasn't much exposed to languages and literature. So, I know well that I need to write, but I simply do not. So take my suggestion, and start writing for someone else. I mean, get a partner or get clung to a teacher. You have to to break the inertia and for that you need encouragement and goading. So as Nike says" just do it". Don't wait for an appropriate moment, a good day to start.
A piece of advice: in the beginning you'll face , what they call " writer's block". Don't get annoyed or scared. Even colossal figures like Thoreau, Voltaire, victor Hugo have complained of this thing. The remedy is just blacken the pages, just commit something to paper, just articulate the most stupid thoughts that come to your mind. Then analyse it and when you become a checker , it's so easy to find flaws cuz its very easy to criticise but difficult to do. And, as each day that passes will bring improvement to your style of writing, your organization of ideas, clarity of thoughts. Now, you'll ask how do I know all this when I myself don't write. So, it's because I check short essays written by my younger brother every other week. And I can clearly see a very perceptible change-- a good one.
So, it's fun when one tries to sound like an authority. I had my fun at your expense.
Good luck. Happy writing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psycho Empire For This Useful Post:
Arsal Agha (Sunday, December 01, 2013), sadia hussain (Tuesday, July 16, 2013)