View Single Post
Old Thursday, August 22, 2013
Super Moderator
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,041 Posts
Amna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud of

(1) English Literature Period I

Scott, Wordsworth, Lamb, Keats, Shelly, Byrone and Jane Austen.

(2) English Literature Period II 1832-1901

Carlyle, Dickens, Thackery, Tennyson, Browning, Mathew Arnold and Thomas Hardy.

Note: - Special attention should be paid to the authors named and a candidate will be expected to be familiar with some of their works. A candidate will also be expected to have studied the literary history of this period and done some independent reading outside the author’s named. In marking the paper importance will be attached to evidence of wide reading and independent judgment.

(3) Arabic

Translation from the language into English and from English to the Language.

(4) Persian

(5)
French

(6) Sanskirt

Composition on one or more specified subjects. Questions may be asked on the grammer of the Language.

(7) Latin

Composition on one or more specified subjects. Questions may be asked on the grammer of the Language.

(8) German.

(9) History of Urdu Literature/History of Sindhi Literature

Candidates will be expected to know the best known works in the language and possess a knowledge of the history of the literature and such knowledge of general social history as will enable them to understand the literature.

(10) Arabic Literature, Period I

(i) Pre-Islamic Poetry.
(ii) The Holy Quran.
(iii) Tafsir Literature.
(iv) Evolution of Hadith Literature.
(v) Origin and Development of early Prose.
(vi) Omayyad Period Poets and Prose writers.

(11) Arabic Literature, Period II

(i) Abbasid Period Poets, Scientists, prose writers, geographers, historians philosophers, medical writers etc,

(12) Persian Literature, Period I

Upto 1500 A.D. The candidates will also be expected to answer questions regarding the cultural background Persian Literature in the above period.

(13) Persian Literature, Period II

After 1500 A.D. including also the literature produced in the indo Pakistan Sub-continent. The candidates will also be expected to answer questions regarding the cultural background Persian Literature in the above period.