View Single Post
Old Sunday, August 19, 2007

marshal453 is on a distinguished road

Pehlay yeh tou dekh liya jayey keh hum mardon (males) nai kitnay ghorey tyaar kiyey huyey hien. An open question to all of us (including myself)....what is our contribution towards ISLAM from birth till this point. Hum nai engineering, medicine, business par kar KON SE GHORAY tyaar kar liyey hien. Have we done our part of obligation....jo FEMALES ko aagay kar rahey hien???

Military “GHURAE! lols”1
Cadet Jamil Ahmed Afridi of haonur in royal academy of London(common wealth (pakistan’s flag stood straight a foot up from other 23 countries

Air force

m.m Alam world record holder hope kisi taruuf k muhtaj nahee!

moreover
General Chuck Yeager, considered by many as the only person ever to be blessed with “the right stuff”, once remarked that Pakistan Air Force is their, and that’s worst fear .Pakistani pilots are respected throughout the world,because they know how to fly and fight.” –

Charles Horner, USAF (retd.), the chief architect of, and the mastermind behind, the air campaign against Iraq during the Gulf War. Quoted from his biography, “Every Man A Tiger
Khalid muhafiz zaraar are completely indigenous and super 7 andf7pg are two aircrafts with coleboration of china..
Ghauri shaheed hataf ghaznavi abdali
They say
“we’ll fall upon our foes like a thunder from a cloudless sky”

No lets have a look on medals and achievements of pak-Army

• Nishan-i-Haider / The Order of Haider -- This is Pakistan's highest decoration for the greatest acts of bravery in battle. The decoration may be awarded to any member of Pakistan's armed forces, regardless of rank or branch of service, for extraordinary bravery in the face of the enemy. It is, therefore, in the same category as Great Britain's Victoria Cross. The decoration carries with it an award of Rs. 10,000, plus monthly allowances for junior commissioned officers of Rs. 50/month and for non-commissioned officers and men of Rs. 25/month. Recipients may use the abbreviation N.H. after their names. The decoration takes its name after the famous military hero, Ali Haider (1722-82 C.E.). Established: 16 March 1957, by the President of Pakistan - No. F. 40(3)/Pres/57, Gazette of Pakistan 19 March 1957. Obverse: A five-pointed bronze star with star and crescent surrounded by a wreath in the center. The decoration is suspended by a scroll and bar bearing the name of the decoration "Nishan-i-Haider". Ribbon: Green moiré. When worn as a ribbon bar, the bar carries a bronze miniature of the decoration. Awards:
o IEC-9614 Captain Mohammad Sarwar, IPR, 27 July 1948 (posthumous)
o PA-10 Major-General Mohammad Ayub Khan, late 14th Punjabis, 30 November 1949
o PA-18 Brigadier General M. Hayaud-Din, MBE, MC, late FFR, 1 June 1948
o PA-24 Brigadier General Nawabzada Mohammad Sher Ali Khan, 1 November 1948
o PA-919 Major Mohammad Aslam Khan, MC, late FF Rifles, 24 May 1949
o IC-1902 Captain Zaffar Iqbal, 14th Punjab Regiment, 15 August 1948
o Major Tufail Mohammad, East Pakistan Rifles, 7 August 1958 (posthumous)
o Major Raja Aziz Bhatti, Punjab Regiment, 10 September 1965 (posthumous)
o Pilot Officer Rashid Minhas, Pakistan Air Force, 20 August 1971 (posthumous)
o Major Shabbir Shariff, 6th Frontier Force Regiment, 6 December 1971 (posthumous)
o Jawan Sowar Mohammad Hussein, 20th Lancers, 10 December 1971 (posthumous)
o Lance/Naik Mohammad Mahfuz, 15th Punjab Regiment, 17 December 1971 (posthumous)
o Major Mohammad Akram, 4th Frontier Force Regiment, 1971 (posthumous)
• Nishan-i-Pakistan / The Order of Pakistan -- Awarded for the highest degree of service to the state. Recipients are entitled to use post-nominal abbreviations as detailed below. Established: 19 March 1957, modified: 1975?? and 5 June 1986 (Gazette of Pakistan No S-1033/L7646 of 12 June 1986).
o Type 1 (1957-1975??): Obverse: While this differs by class, it is generally a ten-pointed gold star with gold rays between the points. The central medallion shows the coat of arms of Pakistan. The detailed descriptions and suspension styles differ by class; these are detailed below. Ribbon: These differ by class and are detailed below; in general, the ribbon is white and green.
 Nishan-i-Pakistan / Order of Pakistan (N.Pk., 1st class) - The ten-pointed 22-carat gold breast star (worn on the left breast) measures 3-1/4 inches across. The central medallion in enameled white and surrounded by a green band; the star is surmounted by a star and crescent. The ribbon is a 100-mm sash, worn over the right shoulder without a sash badge, white with green edges.
 Hilal-i-Pakistan / Crescent of Pakistan (H.Pk., 2nd class) - The 18-carat gold badge measures 2-5/8 inches across. The central medallion in enameled white and surrounded by a green band. The decoration is suspended from a gold crescent. The badge is worn around the neck from a 1 ¼ inch ribbon, white with green edges and a thin green center stripe.
 Sitara-i-Pakistan / Star of Pakistan (S.Pk., 3rd class) - The 14-carat gold badge measures 2-5/8 inches across. The central medallion in enameled white and surrounded by a green band. The decoration is suspended from a gold star. The badge is worn around the neck from a ribbon of white with green edges and two thin green center stripes.
 Tamgha-i-Pakistan / Medal of Pakistan (T.Pk., medal) - The circular bronze gilt medal measures 2-5/8 inches across. The central medallion in not enameled and carries the Pakistani emblem on the obverse. The decoration is worn as a breast badge and has an unadorned ring suspension. The ribbon is white with green edges and three thin green center stripes.
o Type 2 (1975??-1986): Unknown, probably similar to type 3, with a different central medallion.
o Type 3 (1986-): The badge comprising seven green enameled arms and seven sets of white enameled rays. On each of the seven arms a tiny crescent and star of silver-gilt, facing north-west, is superimposed. Between arms are placed sets of rays, each of three rays, the middle ray being slightly longer than the others. The center depicts, in relief, the Pakistan Coat-of-Arms, superimposed on an enameled ring, bearing the order's name in gold in Naskh script. The center and garter are, in turn, surrounded by a seven pointed silver star with a green enameled border. Star: similar to the badge but larger.
 Collar Chain, conferred to heads of states. The collar is of silver gilt and consists of the following parts: (1) Two serrated medallions bearing in relief, the Pakistan Coat of Arms, each measuring 55 mm in diameter, the two are placed in opposite directions one to rest on the back of the neck and the other to ocuppy the center at the front when worn. (2) Six black enameled circular medallions, each measuring 35 mm in diameter, with the crossed Pakistan flags superimposed thereon. (3) Six black enameled circular medallions, each measuring 35 mm in diameter, with the emblem of the President of Pakistan thereon in relief. (4) Six black enameled circular medallions, each measuring 35 mm in diameter, with the Pakistan Coat-of-Arms thereon in relief. The above mentioned medallions are joined together by a double row of silver gilt chain in the following order, commencing at the at the front in a clockwise direction : 1 / 2 3 4 / 2 3 4 / 2 3 4 / 1 (at the back center) 4 3 2 / 4 3 2 / 4 3 2 /.
 Nishan-i-Pakistan / Order of Pakistan (N.Pk., 1st class) - Obverse: 65 mm in diameter, of silver gilt, with the Pakistan Coat-of-Arms struck in 22 carat gold and the inscription "Nishan-i-Pakistan" in the green enameled ring. The badge is fitted with a reverse pin device for attachment to a bow of ribbon at the end of sash which is worn over the right shoulder. The star, 80 mm of diameter, with the same inscription, has the center in silver gilt and is worn on the left breast, centrally over the heart. The ribbon is a 102-mm sash, worn over the right shoulder, Pakistan green, white, Pakistan green, white, Pakistan green measuring 11 / 11 / 58 / 11 / 11 mm.
 Hilal-i-Pakistan / Crescent of Pakistan (H.Pk., 2nd class) - Obverse: 57 mm in diameter, of silver gilt, the ring bearing the inscription "Hilal-i-Pakistan." The badge is suspended from a ring and loop and worn around the neck from a collar ribbon. The star, 80 mm of diameter, with the same inscription has the center in silver and is worn on the left breast, centrally over the heart. The ribbon is 44 mm wide, Pakistan green, white, Pakistan green, white, Pakistan green measuring 5 / 5 / 24 / 5 / 5 mm.
 Sitara-i-Pakistan / Star of Pakistan (S.Pk., 3rd class) - Obverse: 57 mm in diameter, of silver, the ring bearing the inscription "Sitara-i-Pakistan." The badge is suspended from a ring and loop and worn around the neck from a collar ribbon. The ribbon is 44 mm wide, worn over the right shoulder, Pakistan green, white, Pakistan green, white, Pakistan green measuring 5 / 5 / 24 / 5 / 5 mm.
 Tamgha-i-Pakistan / Medal of Pakistan (T.Pk., 4th class) - Obverse: 42 mm in diameter, of bronze gilt, the ring bearing the inscription "Tamgha-i-Pakistan." The badge is suspended from a straight bar with laurel leaves and worn from a ribbon on the left breast. The ribbon is 32 mm wide, worn over the right shoulder, Pakistan green, white, Pakistan green, white, Pakistan green measuring 3 / 3 / 20 / 3 / 3 mm.
• Nishan-i-Shujaat / Order of Bravery -- Awarded for military and civilian acts of courage under circumstances of danger to oneself. In general, these are not acts of bravery performed under hostile fire or in combat situations. In very general terms, the decoration is similar to British's George Cross and George Medal. Recipients are entitled to use postnominal abbreviations as detailed below. Established: 19 March 1957. Modified: 5 June 1986 (Gazette of Pakistan No S-1033/L7646 of 12 June 1986).
o Type 1 (1957-1986): Obverse: oval medallion, description and suspension styles differ by class; these are detailed below. All the classes are worn as breast badges, with the addition of a sash for the first class.
 Nishan-i-Shujaat / Order of Bravery (N.St., 1st class) - A 22-carat gold oval medallion, 37 mm at its maximum diameter, with wreath at the edge and rays connecting the central medallion to the wreath. The central medallion is enameled in purple and has "???" or "Shujaat" ("Bravery") in gold, surrounded by a gold wreath. The medal is worn as a breast badge from a red ribbon, but in full dress a 100-mm red sash is worn over the right shoulder. The ribbon is plain red 32 mm of width. The decoration is suspended by a gold star and crescent. Until 1988, the Nishan-i-Shujaat had only been awarded once, to L/Naik Abdul Malik (in 1978).
 Hilal-i-Shujaat / Crescent of Bravery (H.St., 2nd class) - Similar to the first class, but in 18-carat gold and without the rays surrounding the central medallion. The ribbon is red with a narrow white stripe in the center. The decoration is suspended by a gold crescent. As of 1988, the Hilal-i-Shujaat had only been awarded once, to Muhammad Nur Khan (in 1978).
 Sitara-i-Shujaat / Star of Bravery (S.St., 3rd class) - Similar to the second class, but in 14-carat gold and suspended by a gold star. The ribbon is red with two thin central white stripes. As of 1988, the Sitara-i-Shujaat had been awarded forty-five times. To understand the award better, a sample recipient would be ???.
 Tamgha-i-Shujaat / Medal of Bravery (T.St., medal) - similar to the third class, but with in gilt bronze and with no enamel in the center and no suspension ornament. The ribbon is red with three thin white stripes in the center. As of 1988, the Tamgha-i-Shujaat had been awarded one hundred and eighty-eight times. To understand the award better, a sample recipient would be ???.
o Type 2 (1986-): Similar to the one described above, but different in details. The ribbon from 1987 is identical for all classes: red with a Pakistan green, white, Pakistan green central stripe, measuring 13 / 2 / 2 / 2 / 13 mm respectively.
 Nishan-i-Shujaat / Order of Bravery (N.St., 1st class) - as before, but of silver gilt, with the name of the order in gold in Naskh script on a background of red enamel. The badge is suspended from a straight silver-gilt bar with the the word "Nishan" in Naskh script. It is worn from a ribbon on the left breast with no additional sash.
 Hilal-i-Shujaat / Order of Bravery (H.St., 2nd class) - as above, but of silver, with the name of the order on a background of green enamel (although the statutes state the background as red!), and the word "Hilal" on the silver suspension bar.
 Sitara-i-Shujaat / Order of Bravery (S.St., 3rd class) - as above, but of oxidized bronze, with the word "Sitara" on the bronze suspension bar.
 Tamgha-i-Shujaat / Medal of Bravery (T.St., medal) - as above, but of oxidized bronze, without enamel and the word "Tamgha" on the bronze suspension bar.
• Nishan-i-Imtiaz / The Order of Performance -- Awarded for distinguished merit in the fields of literature, arts, sports, medicine, or science. Recipients are entitled to use postnominal abbreviations as detailed below. Established: 19 March 1957, modified 1975?? and 5 June 1986 (Gazette of Pakistan No S-1033/L7646 of 12 June 1986).
o Type 1 (1957-1975??): Obverse: A five-pointed gold star with gold rays between the points. In the center, a green-enameled medallion with the inscription "Imtiaz" (Performance) in gold; this is surrounded by a gold wreath and encircled by a blue-enameled band. The suspension differs by classes and is detailed below. Ribbon: Different for each class, but basically green, pale blue, and white; these differences are detailed below.
 Nishan-i-Imtiaz / Order of Performance (N.I., 1st class) - A 22-cartat gold breast star, worn on the right, with a gold star and crescent on the upper point. The ribbon is a 100-mm sash (worn over the right shoulder), green edged pale blue; there is no sash badge.
 Hilal-i-Imtiaz / Crescent of Performance (H.I., 2nd class) - A 1 ¼ inch badge in god, suspended by a gold crescent. The badge is worn as a neck badge from a 1 ¼ inch ribbon, green edged pale blue with a thin white center stripe.
 Sitara-i-Imtiaz / Star of Performance (S.I., 3rd class) - A gold badge, suspended by a gold star and worn as a neck badge. The ribbon is 1 ¼ inches wide and is green edged pale blue with two thin white center stripes.
 Tamgha-i-Imtiaz / Medal of Performance (T.I., medal) - The breast badge is an unenameled circular bronze gilt medal, suspended from an unadorned ring. The obverse has the legend "???" "Imtiaz" or "Performance", surrounded by a wreath. The ribbon is green edged pale blue with three thin white center stripes.
o Type 2 (1975??-1986): A five pointed star with ball points, each of the five polished rays. The five ball points rest on a circular laurel wreath, tied with crossed ribbons at four points. The upper center of the wreath depicts a crescent and star facing north-west. The central symbol varies with the class and is surrounded by a ring with the name of the class in Naskh script. There is a star attached to the upper two classes. The silver star is convex in shape and consists of ten points, the whole being faceted. A five pointed silver-gilt star with ball points is superimposed, each of the five silver-gilt polished rays. The center of the star varies with class and is surrounded by a ring with the name of the class. The ribbons of the particular classes are the same as before.
 Nishan-i-Imtiaz / Order of Performance (N.I., 1st class) - Obverse: 62 mm in diameter; the center having a crescent and star on green background, surrounded by a silver-gilt ring with the name of the class. The badge is fitted with a reverse pin device for attachment to a bow of ribbon at the end of sash which is worn over the right shoulder. The star is 80 mm in diameter, worn on the left breast.
 Hilal-i-Imtiaz / Crescent of Performance (H.I., 2nd class) - Obverse: 57 mm in diameter; the center having a only a crescent on green background, surrounded by a silver-gilt ring with the name of the class. The badge is suspended from a ring and loop and worn around the neck from a collar ribbon. The staris 80 mm in diameter, worn on the left breast.
 Sitara-i-Imtiaz / Star of Performance (S.I., 3rd class) - Obverse: 57 mm in diameter; the center having a only a star on green background, surrounded by a silver-gilt ring with the name of the class. The badge is suspended from a ring and loop and worn around the neck from a collar ribbon.
 Tamgha-i-Imtiaz / Medal of Performance (T.I., 4th class) - Obverse: bronze-gilt, 45 mm in diameter; the center having a crescent and star on non-enameled background, surrounded by a green ring with the name of the class. The badge is suspended from a straight bar with laurel leaves and worn from a ribbon on the left breast.
o Type 3 (1986-): Similar to the previous one, but the metal parts of the badges vary with class. The center always depicts a crescent and star facing north-west on non-enameled background, surrounded by a green enameled ring. This applies to the order star as well.
 Nishan-i-Imtiaz / Order of Performance (N.I., 1st class) - Obverse: 62 mm in diameter, silver-gilt. The badge is fitted with a reverse pin device for attachment to a bow of ribbon at the end of sash which is worn over the right shoulder. The star is 80 mm in diameter, worn on the left breast. The sash is 102 mm wide, yellow gold with a white, Pakistan green, white central stripe, measuring 36.5 / 12 / 5 / 12 / 36.5 mm respectively.
 Hilal-i-Imtiaz / Crescent of Performance (H.I., 2nd class) - Obverse: 57 mm in diameter, silver-gilt. The badge is suspended from a ring and loop and worn around the neck from a collar ribbon. The star is 80 mm in diameter, worn on the left breast. The ribbon is 44 mm wide, yellow gold with a white, Pakistan green, white central stripe, measuring 14 / 6.5 / 3 / 6.5 / 14 mm respectively.
 Sitara-i-Imtiaz / Star of Performance (S.I., 3rd class) - Obverse: 57 mm in diameter, silver. The badge is suspended from a ring and loop and worn around the neck from a collar ribbon. The ribbon is 44 mm wide, yellow gold with a white, Pakistan green, white central stripe, measuring 14 / 6.5 / 3 / 6.5 / 14 mm respectively.
 Tamgha-i-Imtiaz / Medal of Performance (T.I., 4th class) - Obverse: bronze-gilt, 45 mm in diameter. The badge is suspended from a straight bar with laurel leaves and worn from a ribbon on the left breast. The ribbon is 32 mm wide, yellow gold with a white, Pakistan green, white central stripe, measuring 12 / 6 / 2 / 6 / 12 mm respectively.
• Nishan-i-Quaid-i-Azam / The Order of the Great Leader -- Awarded for meritorious service to the state, both civilian and military. The decoration is named to commemorate the founder of the nation, Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah. Recipients are entitled to use postnominal abbreviations as detailed below. Established: 19 March 1957, modified 1975?? and 5 June 1986 (Gazette of Pakistan No S-1033/L7646 of 12 June 1986).
o Type 1 (1957-1975??): Obverse: An eight-pointed gold star, with gold rays between the points. The central medallion is enameled in violet and bears the gold inscription "Iman, Ittahad, Nazam" (Faith, Unity, Discipline). Suspension differs for each class and is detailed below. Ribbon: Basically, light gray, purple, and white, but the details differ for each class; these are detailed below.
 Nishan-i-Quaid-i-Azam / Order of the Great Leader (N.Q.A., 1st class) - A 3 ¼ inch breast star (worn on left breast), with a gold star and crescent on the upper point. The ribbon is a 100-mm sash (worn over right shoulder), with no sash badge, light gray with purple edges.
 Hilal-i-Quaid-i-Azam / Crescent of the Great Leader (H.Q.A., 2nd class) - A smaller badge worn as a neck badge and suspended by a gold crescent. The 1 ¼ inch ribbon is light gray with purple edges and a thin white center stripe.
 Sitara-i-Quaid-i-Azam / Star of the Great Leader (S.Q.A., 3rd class) - A neck badge, suspended by a gold star. The 1 ¼ inch ribbon is light gray with purple edges with two thin white center stripes.
 Tamgha-i-Quaid-i-Azam / Medal of the Great Leader (T.Q.A., medal) - A circular bronze gilt medal, unenameled, and the suspension is unadorned. The obverse has an ornate calligraphic rendering of "Iman, Ittahad, Nazam" ("Faith, Unity, Discipline"). The ribbon is light gray with purple edges with three thin white center stripes.
o Type 2 (1975??-1986): Unknown, may be similar to type 3.
o Type 3 (1986-): Comprises nine white enameled rays, each ray being divided into three parts. The nine white enameled rays are divided by narrow green enameled panels. Superimposed in the center is the effigy of Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jimah. This in turn is surrounded by a black enameled ring with the name of the order. The ring is encircled by an ornamental border of leaves. The star is similar to the badge but larger.
 Nishan-i-Quaid-i-Azam / Order of the Great Leader (N.Q.A., 1st class) - Obverse: 62 mm in diameter, silver-gilt. The badge is fitted with a reverse pin device for attachment to a bow of ribbon at the end of sash which is worn over the right shoulder. The star is 80 mm in diameter with che center of silver gilt, worn on the left breast. The sash is 102 mm wide, with stripes of white, Pakistan green, black, Pakistan green, white, measuring 28 / 20 / 6 / 20 / 28 mm respectively.
 Hilal-i-Quaid-i-Azam / Order of the Great Leader (H.Q.A., 2nd class) - Obverse: 57 mm in diameter, silver-gilt. The badge is suspended from a ring and loop and worn around the neck from a collar ribbon. The star is 80 mm in diameter, with the center of silver, worn on the left breast. The ribbon is 44 mm wide, with stripes of white, Pakistan green, black, Pakistan green, white, measuring 11.5 / 9 / 3 / 9 / 11.5 mm respectively.
 Sitara-i-Quaid-i-Azam / Order of the Great Leader (S.Q.A., 3rd class) - Obverse: 57 mm in diameter, silver. The badge is suspended from a ring and loop and worn around the neck from a collar ribbon. The ribbon is 44 mm wide, with stripes of white, Pakistan green, black, Pakistan green, white, measuring 11.5 / 9 / 3 / 9 / 11.5 mm respectively.
 Tamgha-i-Quaid-i-Azam / Order of the Great Leader (T.Q.A., 4th class) - Obverse: 39 mm in diameter, bronze-gilt. The badge is suspended from a straight bar with palm leaves and worn from a ribbon on the left breast. The ribbon is 32 mm wide, with stripes of white, Pakistan green, black, Pakistan green, white, measuring 10 / 7.5 / 3 / 7.5 / 10 mm respectively.
• Nishan-i-Khidmat, Civil / The Order of Service -- Awarded for general meritorious civilian service to the state. Recipients are entitled to use postnominal abbreviations, as detailed below. While not uniquely a civilian decoration, the Nishan-i-Khidmat essentially filled this niche, with the Tamgah-i-Khidmat serves as a military division. Established: The third and fourth classes were established on 19 March 1957 and the first and second classes added in 1960. The order was modified in 1975?? and on 5 June 1986 (Gazette of Pakistan No S-1033/L7646 of 12 June 1986).
o Type 1 (1957-1975??): Obverse: A five-pointed gold star, 1-15/16 inches in diameter. The center has a white-enameled circular medallion bearing a red-enameled square with the name of the decoration in gold. The suspension styles differ according to class, and these are detailed below. Ribbon: Basically, red and white, but the ribbon differs by class; this is detailed below.
 Nishan-i-Khidmat / Order of Service (N.K., 1st class) - A gold rayed breast star, with a gold star and crescent on the upper point, and the legend "???" "Khidmat-i-Ala". The breast star is worn on the left breast, while the ribbon is a 100-mm sash without badge (worn over the right shoulder), white with red edges.
 Hilal-i-Khidmat / Crescent of Service (H.K., 2nd class) - Smaller than first class and suspended by a gold crescent; the badge is worn as a neck badge. The 1 ¼ inch ribbon is white with red edges and a thin red center stripe.
 Sitara-i-Khidmat / Star of Service (S.K., 3rd class) - Similar to second class, but suspended as a neck badge by a gold star. The 1 ¼ inch ribbon is white with red edges and two thin red center stripes.
 Tamgha-i-Khidmat / Medal of Service (T.K., 4th class) - A circular bronze gilt medal, worn as a breast badge but without enamel and no distinctive suspension device. The obverse has a framed square with the legend "Khidmat-i-Ala". The ribbon is white red edges and with three thin red center stripes. - It is important to distinguish between this award and the military Tamgah-i-Khidmat (see 02000).
 Sanad-i-Khidmat / Certificate of Service - A certificate linked to the order, but (apparently?) without an insignia.
o Type 2 Type 1 (1975??-1986): Unknown, may be similar to type 3.
o Type 3 (1986-): The obverse comprises nine main rays, each containing five lesser rays. Superimposed on the silver star are nine enameled rays. Six of these rays are green enameled, while three are black enameled, the latter being placed at 12, 4 and 8 o'clock, with two green rays between each black. The center depicts a circular laurel wreath within which is the name of the class in Naskh script. The star of the order is similar to the badge but larger, with a tiny crescent and star facing north-west in each of the nine angles of the superimposed enameled star.
 Nishan-i-Khidmat / Order of Service (N.K., 1st class) - The obverse is 62 mm in diameter, of silver gilt. The badge is fitted with a reverse pin device for attachment to a bow of ribbon at the end of sash which is worn over the right shoulder. The star is 80 mm in diameter with the center of silver gilt, worn on the left breast. The sash is 102 mm wide, with stripes of black, white, Pakistan green, white, black, measuring 28 / 19.5 / 7 / 19.5 / 28 mm respectively.
 Hilal-i-Khidmat / Order of Service (H.K., 2nd class) - The obverse is 57 mm in diameter, of silver gilt. The badge is suspended from a ring and loop and worn around the neck from a collar ribbon. The star is 80 mm in diameter with the center of silver, worn on the left breast. The ribbon is 44 mm wide, with stripes of black, white, Pakistan green, white, black, measuring 11.5 / 9 / 3 / 9 / 11.5 mm respectively.
 Sitara-i-Khidmat / Order of Service (S.K., 3rd class) - The obverse is 57 mm in diameter, of silver. The badge is suspended from a ring and loop and worn around the neck from a collar ribbon. The ribbon is 44 mm wide, with stripes of black, white, Pakistan green, white, black, measuring 11.5 / 9 / 3 / 9 / 11.5 mm respectively.
 Tamgha-i-Khidmat / Order of Service (T.K., 4th class) - The obverse is 42 mm in diameter, of bronze gilt. The ribbon is 38 mm wide, with stripes of black, white, Pakistan green, white, black, measuring 11 / 7 / 2 / 7 / 11 mm respectively.
• President's Award for Pride of Performance -- Established on 13th January 1983 by president Zia-Ul-Haq (Gazette of Pakistan No 1/10/79 of 20 January 1983). Awarded in a single class upon Pakistani nationals in recognition of notable achievement in the fields of art, science, literature, sports or nursing. The award of the medal may be accompanied by a monetary award. The president of Pakistan reserves himself the right to confer the award, unaccompanied by a monetary award, upon persons who are not citizens of Pakistan. The badge is round in shape, of gold plated silver, measuring 53 mm in diameter. The obverse bears a star and crescent on the central disk. The surrounding circle contains the award's name in Urdu. The reverse is plain. The badge is suspended from a ring and loop and worn around the neck from a collar ribbon. The ribbon is 38 mm wide, with stripes of yellow gold, Pakistan green, white, Pakistan green, yellow gold, measuring 7 / 8 / 8 / 8 / 7 mm respectively.
• Hilal-i-Jur'at / Crescent of Courage -- Awarded to officers for acts of valor, courage, or devotion to duty in the face of the enemy. The award carried the right to use the postnominal abbreviation H.J. This decoration is a rough equivalent to the British Distinguished Service Order. Established: 16 March 1957, by the President of Pakistan - No. F. 40(3)/Pres/57, Gazette of Pakistan 19 March 1957. Obverse: A circular gold medal, with a star and crescent in the center, surrounded by ten bundles of leaves. The medal is suspended from a gold bar with the name of the decoration "Hilal-i-Jur'at". Ribbon: 1 ¼ inches, green moiré with a broad central red stripes; equal stripes green, red, green.
• Sitara-i-Jur'at / Star of Courage -- Awarded to officers, junior commissioned officers, and warrant officers for gallantry and distinguished services in the face of the enemy. The award carried the right to use S.J. as a postnominal abbreviation. Junior Commissioned Officers were eligible to receive a monthly allowance of Rs. 30. The decoration is roughly comparable to the British Military Cross. Established: 16 March 1957, by the President of Pakistan - No. F. 40(3)/Pres/57, Gazette of Pakistan 19 March 1957. Obverse: A pentagonal silver medal with a five-pointed star in the center and rays and stars between the points. The medal is suspended from an ornamental bar with the name of the decoration, "Sirata-i-Jur'at". Ribbon: Equal stripes of white, green, white.
• Tamgha-i-Jur'at / Medal of Courage -- Awarded to non-commissioned officers and enlisted men for gallantry and distinguished services in the face of the enemy. The award carried the right to use the postnominal abbreviation T.J. and, for non-commissioned officers and enlisted men, a monthly allowance of Rs. 15. The decoration is roughly comparable to the British Distinguished Conduct Medal. Established: 16 March 1957, by the President of Pakistan - No. F. 40(3)/Pres/57, Gazette of Pakistan 19 March 1957. Obverse: A circular bright bronze medal with a star and crescent in the center, surrounded by a trophy of arms and entirely surrounded by a wreath. The medal is suspended from an ornamental straight-bar suspender. Ribbon: Equal stripes of green (to wearer's right) and red, edged on both sides with white.
• Sitara-i-Basalat and Tamgha-i-Basalat / Star of Good Conduct and Medal of Good Conduct -- Awarded to all ranks of the Pakistani military for valor, courage, or devotion to duty while not in combat. Recipients of the award are entitled to use postnominal abbreviations as detailed below. The award was originally established as the Tamgha-i-Basalat, Class I and Class II. The name was later altered. It is not clear what changes in design - if any - this entailed. Established: 16 March 1957, by the President of Pakistan - No. F. 40(3)/Pres/57, Gazette of Pakistan 19 March 1957. Obverse: A circular medal (silver for first class and bronze for second class) with a narrow wreath around the outside margin, with the emblems of the three services: crossed swords and an anchor surmounted by a pair of wings and, above them, a star. The medal is suspended from an ornamental straight bar with the name of the decoration "Sitara-i-Basalat" or "Tamgha-i-Basalat," depending on class and era of award. Tamgha-i-Basalat Class I awards have that inscription, while post-19?? awards have the new name on the silver medal. Ribbon: Differs by class, see below.
o first class - silver medal - ribbon dark blue, with light blue edges and red edge stripes:
 Tamgha-i-Basalat, Class I (T.I.B. [I]) - legend "???"
 Sitara-i-Basalat (S.Bt.) '' legend "???"
o Tamgha-i-Basalat (T.I.B.[II] or T.Bt) - bronze medal - ribbon light blue, with dark blue edges and red edge stripes
• The Quaid-i-Azam Police Medal for Gallantry -- Ribbon: Five (essentially) equal stripes, white, blue, white, blue, white, each white stripe has a thin green center stripe.
• President's Police Medal for Gallantry -- Established 19??. May be similar to the previous one but nothing else is known about this medal.
• I'zaz-i-Kamal -- Established 19??. Nothing else is known about this award.
• I'zaz-i-Fazeelat -- Established 19??. Nothing else is known about this award.
• I'zaz-i-Sabqat -- Established 19??. Nothing else is known about this award.
• President's Medal for Technology -- Established 19??. Conferred probably for achievement in the area of technology but nothing else is known about this medal.
• President's Award for Children -- Established 19??. Nothing else is known about this award.
• Imtiazi Sanad -- Established 19??. Nothing else is known about this award.
• Tamgha-i-Diffa / Medal of Service -- Established as a general service medal for award to all members of the Pakistani military and semi-military forces, to members of states' forces, and to British officers and men serving with Pakistan's armed forces. The initial statute allowed the use of the postnominal abbreviation "T.D." for those who had been awarded this decoration, but this provision seems never to have been placed into effect. Established: 16 March 1957, by the President of Pakistan - No. F. 40(3)/Pres/57, Gazette of Pakistan 19 March 1957. Obverse: 36-mm circular copper-nickel medal. Star and crescent in the center, surrounded by a wreath. Above, the inscription "" or "Khidmat-i-Pakistan" or "The Service of Pakistan." Suspended from an ornate straight-bar swiveling suspender and a bar with the campaign relevant to the award; bars both in English and bilingual bars in Urdu/Bengali have been seen. The medal is rarely seen named. The medal has also been seen and reported in gilt, but this seems to be a totally unofficial modification. Reverse: Plain, open circle in the center. When named, the naming might be here? Ribbon: 33 mm, green, with central stripes of dark blue, red, light blue, edged with thinner white stripes. Green 7 mm, white 2 mm, dark blue 5 mm, red 5 mm, light blue 5 mm, white 2 mm, green 7 mm.

• Istar-i-Herb 1385 / War Star 1385 [A.H. = 1965 C.E.] -- Awarded for combat service in the 1965 Indo-Pakistani War. Obverse: A bronze seven-pointed rayed star, 35-mm. In the center, the Shahadat ("There is no God but God and Muhammad is His Messenger"), surrounded by the name of the medal on a circular band, "Istar-i-Herb" in Urdu and Bengali. The medal is suspended from an ornate straight-bar non-swiveling suspender. Reverse: Plain, a central circle, within which the medal is named (although it is often encountered unnamed). Ribbon: 33 mm, black, with a central 5 mm red stripe. Black 14 mm, red 5 mm, black 14 mm.
• Istar-i-Herb 1971 / War Star 1971 -- Awarded for combat service in the 1971 Indo-Pakistani War. Obverse.
• 1385 Tamgha-i-Jang / 1385 [A.H. = 1965 C.E.] War Medal -- Awarded for general service in the 1965 Indo-Pakistani War. Obverse: 37 mm, circular, copper-nickel. In the center, the star and crescent, above the insignia of the Pakistani army, to the left that of the Pakistani navy, and to the right the crest of the air force. The medal is suspended from a plain non-swiveling straight-bar suspender. The medal is usually unnamed. Reverse: In the center, the date "1385" (A.H. = 1965 C.E.) in Urdu and Bengali. Above, the curved Urdu inscription "???" or "???" and, below, the same in Bengali, "???", separated by wreaths of each side. Ribbon: 31 mm, green, with edge stripes (reading inwards) of light blue, dark blue, red. Light blue 3 mm, dark blue 3 mm, red 3 mm, green 13 mm, red 3 mm, dark blue 3 mm, light blue 3 mm.
• 1971 Tamgha-i-Jang / 1971 War Medal -- Awarded for general service in the 1971 Indo-Pakistani War. Obverse: 37 mm, circular, copper-nickel. In the center, there is the star and crescent, above the insignia of the Pakistani army, to the left that of the Pakistani navy, and to the right the crest of the air force. The medal is suspended from a plain non-swiveling straight-bar suspender. The medal is usually unnamed. Ribbon: Green with a central stripe of light blue / dark blue / red.
• The Pakistan Medal -- Awarded to commemorate Pakistan's indepencence in August 1947. Established: 1948. Obverse: 37 mm, circular copper-nickel. The Pakistani flag in the center, surrounded by a wreath. Above, the Urdu inscription "???" or "???". Below, the date "??" or "15 August 1947". Suspended from a straight non-swiveling bar suspender. Frequently named on the edge. Reverse: In the center, the monogram of King George VI (the new one), "GVIR" and the inscription "GEORGIVS VI D.G. BR. OMN. REX." Ribbon: 31 mm, green with a 3 mm white center strips. Green 14 mm, white 3 mm, green 14 mm.
• Tamgha-i-Jamhuria 1375 / Republic Medal, 1956 -- Awarded to commemorate the inauguration of the Republic of Pakistan, 23 March 1956. Awarded to members of the Pakistani armed forces, police forces, selected civilian officials, and selected non-officials. The medal was also awarded in gold to heads of foreign delegations attending the inauguration ceremonies as official State representatives. Established: 16 March 1957, by the President of Pakistan - No. F. 40(2)/Pres/57, Gazette of Pakistan 19 March 1957. Obverse: 37-mm circular gold or copper-nickel medal. Within a wreath, calligraphic inscription "Jamhuria Islamia Pakistan" or "The Islamic Republic of Pakistan". The medal is suspended from an ornate straight-bar swiveling suspender. The medal is usually encountered unnamed. Reverse: The date of the establishment of Pakistan as a republic. In the center, straight across, in English "23rd MARCH 1956", above, curved, the same date in Urdu "9 Shaaban-ul-Muazzam 1375", and below, curved, in Bengali "Jamhuria Islamia Pakistan" or "The Islamic Republic of Pakistan". Ribbon: 32 mm, equal stripes of green, red, black, and white. Green 8 mm, red 8 mm, black 8 mm white 8 mm.
• Pakistan Republic Medal -- An otherwise unreported private (?) medal commemorating the establishment of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Obverse.
• Tamgha-i-Khidmat (Military) / Medal of Service (Military) -- Awarded for long and meritorious service of a distinguished nature. Recipients of the award are entitled to use postnominal abbreviations as detailed below. In many ways, this serves as a military class paralleling the Nishan-i-Khidmat; it is important to distinguish between this award and the Tamgah-i-Khidmat that is the fourth class of the Nishan-i-Khidmat. This decoration also represented somewhat of an overlap with the older, pre-1947, Order of British India and no soldier could be awarded the Tamgha-i-Khidmat who held the O.B.I. 1st class. Established: 16 March 1957, by the President of Pakistan - No. F. 40(3)/Pres/57, Gazette of Pakistan 19 March 1957. Obverse: A ten-pointed faceted star (metals vary by class, see below) with a superimposed five-pointed white-enameled star with a star and crescent in the center. Suspended as a neck badge from a suspender with the name of the decoration "Tamgha-i-Khidmat". Ribbon: Basically crimson and white, but it differs by class; see detailed comments below.
o 1st class (T.K.I) - The star is in gold. The ribbon is crimson with a central white stripe. Awarded only to those who held the T.K.II or O.B.I. 2nd class. The award carried a monthly stipend of Rs. 40. On retirement, the awardee was to be granted the rank of Honorary Captain (if a Risaldar-Major or Subadar-Major) or Honorary Lieutenant (if a Risaldar, Subadar, or Jemadar).
o 2nd class (T.K.II) - The star is in silver. The ribbon is crimson with two white side stripes. Not to be awarded to those who already held the O.B.I. 2nd class. The decoration carried with it a monthly stipend of Rs. 25.
o 3rd class (T.K.III) - The star is in bronze. The ribbon is crimson with white side stripes and a white center stripe.
• President's Meda1 for Best Shot -- Established 19??. Nothing else is known about this medal.
• Wiladat-i-Quaid-i-Azam / ??? -- Awarded to commemorate the birth centenary of Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah (1876-19??), the founder and first Prime Minister of Pakistan, on 25 December 1976. Obverse.
• Hijri Medal / ??? -- Issued to commemorate the completion of the fourteenth century of the Hijri era on 22 November 1979. Obverse.
• Pakistan Police Medal for Meritorious Service -- Ribbon: Five (essentially) equal stripes of white, blue, amaranth, blue, white, with the central amaranth stripe having a thin green center stripe.
• Pakistan Police Medal for Long Service and Good Conduct -- Ribbon: Five (essentially) equal stripes of white, blue, white, blue, white, with the central white stripe having a thin green center stripe.
• UNITED NATIONS: Operations des Nations Units au Congo (ONUC), July 1960-June 1964
• UNITED NATIONS: United Nations Transition Assistance Group (UNTAG), April 1989-March 1990
• UNITED NATIONS: United Nations Angola Verification Mission, UNAVEM I, January 1989-June 1991, UNAVEM II, June 1991-February 1995, and UNAVEM III, February 1995-June 1997
• UNITED NATIONS: Mission des nations unies pour le referendum dans le Sahara Occidental (MINURSO), September 1991--
• UNITED NATIONS: United Nations Advance Mission in Cambodia (UNAMIC), November 1991-March 1992
• UNITED NATIONS: United Nations Protection Force (UNPROFOR), March 1992-December 1995
• UNITED NATIONS: United Nations Transitional Authority in Cambodia (UNTAC), March 1992-September 1993
• UNITED NATIONS: United Nations Iraq-Kuwait Observation Mission (UNIKOM), April 1991--
• UNITED NATIONS: United Nations Operations in Somalia , UNOSOM I, April 1992-April 1993, and UNOSOM II, May 1993-March 1995
• UNITED NATIONS: United Nations Operation in Mozambique (ONUMOZ), December 1992-December 1994
• UNITED NATIONS: United Nations Observer Mission in Georgia (UNOMIG), August 1993--
• UNITED NATIONS: United Nations Observer Mission in Liberia (UNOMIL), September 1993--
• UNITED NATIONS: United Nations Mission in Haiti (UNMIH), September 1993-June 1996
• UNITED NATIONS: United Nations Assistance Mission in Rwanda (UNAMIR), October 1993-March 1996
• UNITED NATIONS: United Nations Confidence Restoration Operation (UNCRO), March 1995-January 1996
• UNITED NATIONS: United Nations Preventative Deployment Force (UNPREDEP), March 1995--
• UNITED NATIONS: United Nations Mission in Bosnia and Herzegovina (UNMIBH), December 1995--
• UNITED NATIONS: United Nations Transitional Administration for Eastern Slavonia, Baranja, and Western Sirmium (UNTAES), January 1996--
• UNITED NATIONS: United Nations Mission of Observers in Prevalka (UNMOP), January 1996--
• UNITED NATIONS: United Nations Observer Mission in Angola (MONUA), July 1997—
Education and medicine fields/Missilinous l
Mr. Zafar Altaf
awarded medal of apriciation, and seat of agricultural economist from U.N.O for south and south east asia on extra ordinary work

Dr.shahid bajwa
Presidentship of American college of neuro seargon he is hope still so,

Dr. Umar Chhapra
is a shining star among those Pakistani Memons who have acquired higher education. He is one of the scholars who has got his higher education as a scholar of All Pakistan Memon Educational and Welfare Society. He has utilised his scholarship by rendering services to Muslim countries in the field of economics. He is presently serving as financial advisor in the Finance and Monetary Agency of the Saudi Government and is enjoying a prestigious status there.

DR.OMER jooma
.Dr. Jooma, a doctor of international fame
In 195 1, he returned to Karachi and joined Jinnah Hospital. In 1952, when the Ceylonese Prime Minister, Mr. Senanaike, received brain injuries while horse-riding, Dr. Jooma, who by that time had attained fame world over, was summoned to Ceylon particularly for treatment
Abdul Aziz Al-Memony
Among the scholars of international repute, Allama Abdul Aziz Al-Memony's name ranks foremost. This world famous religious scholar, whom even the Arabs called "Ustad" (teacher) has not received due recognition from his own community or country.

A. Karim Admani (Dr.)
He is the first ever non-British doctor to be member of Medical Council of England in 150 years of its history.

Dr. Farzana Usman
lost her eyesight at a very early age but continued her studies from verginia university. She was able to obtain a Masters degree and after that she also received her Ph.D. degree. She may be called the "Helen Keller" of Pakista

AMBASSADOR AHMAD KAMAL
Ambassador Ahmad Kamal served as a professional diplomat in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Pakistan for close to forty years until his retirement in 1999. During this period he held diplomatic postings in India, Belgium, France, the Soviet Union, Saudi Arabia, the Republic of Korea, and with the United Nations both in Geneva and in New York. During his decade long assignment as Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Pakistan to the United Nations, he held many of the highest elective posts, as Vice President of the General Assembly, President of the Economic and Social Council, Chairman of the Consultations on the Role of NGOs at the United Nations, Chairman of the Working Group on Informatics, and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the United Nations Institute of Training and Research. He was the chief negotiator of Pakistan in the Uruguay Round negotiations which led to the establishment of the World Trade Organisation.
Uno’s co-ordinator for iraq today is also a Pakistani he is awarded this seat for his extra ordinary performance in the field of diplomacy…
CAMB is the only dedicated laboratory in Pakistan engaged in forensic DNA research. It provides research in the field of forensic science and provides DNA testing in criminal cases, including violent crimes, mass disasters and paternity disputes. Dr. Tahir, of Strand Analytical Labs in Indianapolis, actively assisted Pakistani scientists in establishing this first and only full-scale DNA lab in the nation of Pakistan.

Dr. Samar Mubarakmand
has been associated with a variety of classified scientific programmes in Pakistan. He joined the (PAEC) in 1962, where he was in charge of the Directorate of Technical Development, one of the most secretive institutes within Pakistan and completely unknown to the outside world. He reportedly supervised several cold tests in 1983, and also developed a neutron facility for acceleration of explosion process in a nuclear device. In 1990s, he served as the Director General of national defence comples, another Pakistani organization shrouded in secrecy. He was appointed as the first Chairman of Pakistan's Nationa Engeering and scientific commission (NESCOM) in 2001. He is now considered the main architect of Pakistan's missile program, which includes systems such as the Babur missile, Shaheen missile series, and the Ghaznavi missile system.One of his recent landmark achievements is the establishment of Centers of Excellence (COEs) in the fields of Computational Science and Medicine, Control & Instrumentation, Fluid Dynamics & Engineering Design, Hydro Technologies, Wireless Communication, and Electronics and Composite Materials. These COEs are fast becoming the hub of advance scientific and medical activity in Pakistan, conducting research in areas such as stem cells, tissue culture technology, and production of cardiac stents.
Hope I don’t need to quote sports stars and A.Qdaeer the great

Note:The Above military medal information is taken from site...
well this was just a short go through... yae wo log hien jin ko dunya janti hai par hum nahee..
my friend hope u just underestimated your people....

As for as fatwas are concerned i respect them but my first post in which I have emphasized on the institute of ijtihad is for this reason...
As for as Islamic contribution on Pakistani people's part..
u must than be knowing that
PAKISTAN IS THE MARKAZ OF WORLD TABLEEGHI JAMAAT

And as for as quotation of Ayah and Hades only without Shan-e-nazuul is concerened
Pope bandict also quoted Quran's surah tuba..
Mafhuum
"aur jab yae hurmat k char maheenie guzar jien tu ghat mien bethu un k gaga gaga aur katal karo un ko nasewae unkae ju kalama parhie aur aman mien ajien"
That islam has spread through sword.. lolz what will u assume should we start doing so? as its in Quran right ?aur sunnah sae sabit bhi huwa hai
but this ayah was paticularly for mushrkeen and munafqeen.. he didn't knw the shan-e-nazool too....
Than again during lal masjid issue pak govt was displaying Ayah of surah-e-tauuba regarding demolition of masjid-e-zaraar..
Note "Hazuur nien wo masjid gira di thi" so sunnah sae sabit bhi hai ayyah!
Which doesn’t fit here as those were revealed munafiks by Allah Almighty himself upon Messenger..

U see shan-e-nazool/ paticular conditions does matter....

Last edited by Princess Royal; Monday, May 17, 2010 at 09:56 PM.