View Single Post
Old Wednesday, August 28, 2013
42nd CTP (FSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 40

awais274 is on a distinguished road
Default Everyday Science 2013---Faislabad Re-exam

2) Briefly describe the role of nitrogen , phosphorous and potassium in the growth of plants. What are negative impacts of fertilisers?

3) Why long exposure of human skin to the sunlight is dangerous? What are various natural protections in our body against the harmful radiations in the Sunlight? Is there any positive impact of radiations?

4) Describe briefly the difference between. Conductors, semiconductors and insulators?

5) Give a brief account of use of radiation in medical diagnosis. Why MRI is preferred over CT scan or X-RAY imaging?

6)a) Why DDT once labelled as a miracle is now being considered an Environmental tragedy?
b) A large variety of deodorants mask the original odour of our body . Which body part produces the unpleasant smell and how it is produced?

7) Why people have switched to vegetable oil for cookin instead of saturated fats? Which of these two contain higher level of LDL? Is it HDL or LDL which is harmful to human health and why?

8) What are natural sources of vitamin D and symptoms of its deficiency in humans?
Why an indiscriminate use of antibiotics may prove dangerous?

9) Define Radioactivity . How alpha , beta and gamma radiations are produced as a result of decay of an unstable nucleus differ in their effects on living beings?

MCQS were real tough . I can't remember any repeated from Past papers , all were novel . About 25 from human physiology and zoology . Having attempted 2 EDS papers this year, I may give a piece of advice that the age of KASHMIRI and Bhatti is over in CSS EDS . Candidates should give a day per week to EDS like English , otherwise for art students EDS can be a tragedy now . Even people for medical backgrounds like me felt that EDS was difficult and especially MCQS.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to awais274 For This Useful Post:
justchill (Wednesday, August 28, 2013), mohsinali303 (Wednesday, August 28, 2013), Raja4u (Wednesday, August 28, 2013), SehrishKanwal (Tuesday, September 03, 2013)